Turn on thread page Beta

Dropped out of college watch

Announcements

I dropped out of education at 17 due to illness at 17 as it was affecting my concentration. I can't even get extenuating circumstances as my college is not accepting the doctors note. This means that even when I apply for university I can't get support for my exams or any other sort of support either and universities are unlikely to treat it as an extenuating circmstance so now my As levels will look bad on my ucas application if I was to apply with an access course at 19. I am 17 now so if I was to do an access course I would have to take 2 gap years which is a really long time and I don't want to spend that long out of education as it will be hard to adjust again. I really did want to carry on with A level as I was doing well when I was well but now I can't. I would only do an access course if I truly had to (if I am still ill In 2 years time) What are my options? And how do I explain my situation and tell them why I couldn't continue with A level or get support when applying to universities?

You’re making it seem as though access courses are bad, they give you exactly what you need to go uni to do what you want to do, your only choice if you want to go to uni is probably wait and do an access course or start another college next year.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    You’re making it seem as though access courses are bad, they give you exactly what you need to go uni to do what you want to do, your only choice if you want to go to uni is probably wait and do an access course or start another college next year.
    I know but I was just thinking if I can't cope with A lever when I am sick and A levels are over 2 years, how am I going to do an access course when it's a 1 year intense course? And I am not even sure what I want to do at uni yet so I am worried it may restrict my options like BTECs.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I know but I was just thinking if I can't cope with A lever when I am sick and A levels are over 2 years, how am I going to do an access course when it's a 1 year intense course? And I am not even sure what I want to do at uni yet so I am worried it may restrict my options like BTECs.
    Have you spoken to your parents about your concerns? Maybe you could speak to a careers advisor which I’m sure most colleges actually offer or something in your area that helps young adults with what to do next regarding their future, best of luck and take care.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.