Have you ever got a bet with a fan of another club? Watch

Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I have 1 successful bet and another unsuccessful bet as follows:
30/10/2018- Me (Liverpool fan) and an Arsenal fan agreed a bet with each other that if Liverpool lost at the Emirates on 4/11/2018 while I got lower marks than him in the Chemistry test I would need to send him a Whatsapp message of a picture of me wearing an Arsenal 2018-19 home kit, and he would need to send me a picture of him wearing a Liverpool 2018-19 home kit if the reverse happens. However, the game in concern ended in a 1-1 draw and the bet was unsuccessful (actually it was me who got the higher score in a whopping 95%)
14/12/2018- I agreed another bet with a Man Utd fan that if Liverpool lost to Man Utd on 16/12/2018 and my Further Maths test has a lower score than his Maths test I would need to sing Glory Glory Man Utd, and he would need to sing YNWA if the reverse happens. As I got 70% compared to his 30%, and the game in concern ended in a 3-1 win to Liverpool, I won the bet and the Man Utd fan needed to sing YNWA! I hope he feels the shame...
Do you once have a bet with another club's fans?
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
In this way you told, nope, I have not. I am not a man who made a bet on football matches anyway.
moggis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes. I once bet a Newcastle United fan I could beat him at pool while on holiday in Spain.
It turned out I couldn’t .
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I have won another bet with an Arsenal fan, but the bet with a Man City fan became void. The bet with the Arsenal fan is that if I got the higher score in the Chemistry test than him and Liverpool beat Arsenal, he needed to sing 2 of the Liverpool player chants, and I needed to sing 2 of the Arsenal player chants if the opposite happened. I scraped an A while the Arsenal fan barely passed, and the game ended in a 5-1 win to Liverpool, he sang the Mo Salah and the Virgil van Dijk songs.
The bet with the Man City fan is that as both of our classes have 2 tests after the xmas holiday, if I got the better aggregate score (out of 200) in both tests and Liverpool beat Man City, he would need to post a picture of him wearing a Liverpool kit on Facebook, and I need to post a picture of me wearing a Man City kit if the reverse happens. However, the game ended 2-1 to Man City and it was me who scored higher, the bet is void.
Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
This site is full of proper weird nonces
Lost Sock
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I bet the Landlord of my local that Liverpool would beat Man United at Old Trafford by at least 3 goals in the next match. When they had Moyes in charge and Lfc still had Suarez.

It's the only time in my life I've ever had confidence we'd go there and stuff them, and we did. And I got the princely sum of £5 for it. Even this week, under Klopp with allegedly Liverpools best ever team and Uniteds worst, I had zero confidence we'd win and predicted a draw. But, back then I knew we were going to smash them, and did so.

Say what you like about Rodgers, he was tactically naive at times and made some clown-like decisions, but he went for it. Unlike Klopp that bottles these ties every season and then blames United for not playing.

Rodgers in charge on Sunday, it'd have finished 5-1 or something, LFC would have been 3-0 up after 20 minutes. Under Klopp we didn't start playing until 80 minutes and a goal down. He made Man United look good, a team that had recently struggled against Rochdale and Astana. No excusing that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (72)
32.58%
No I don't (104)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (45)
20.36%

Watched Threads