What to do about my insurance choice? (help and advice needed)

Watch
hyouds7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
#1
I recently sent off my UCAS application and am planning on putting the University of Sheffield as my firm choice, hopefully to study Journalism next year. However, when it comes to my insurance choice I'm really stuck.

I do the Level 3 BTEC extended diploma and am predicted DDD, which is what UoS want. Uni of Liverpool want DDM and Liverpool John Moores want DMM. I haven't yet had my interview for LJMU but Uni of have offered me a place.

I'm just undecided on whether to withdraw the LJMU choice and put Uni of as my insurance (I prefer the course and uni), or whether LJMU is a good option to have if I don't get into Sheffield.

Any advice would be appreciated!!!
0
reply
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#2
Report 2 years ago
#2
(Original post by hyouds7)
I recently sent off my UCAS application and am planning on putting the University of Sheffield as my firm choice, hopefully to study Journalism next year. However, when it comes to my insurance choice I'm really stuck.

I do the Level 3 BTEC extended diploma and am predicted DDD, which is what UoS want. Uni of Liverpool want DDM and Liverpool John Moores want DMM. I haven't yet had my interview for LJMU but Uni of have offered me a place.

I'm just undecided on whether to withdraw the LJMU choice and put Uni of as my insurance (I prefer the course and uni), or whether LJMU is a good option to have if I don't get into Sheffield.

Any advice would be appreciated!!!
Why would you "withdraw" your application from LJMU at this stage? You haven't had an offer from them yet anyway, as far as I can see. Your post is slightly confusing because you have twice omitted a word or letter after "Uni of".
0
reply
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#3
Report 2 years ago
#3
Your post is confusing but I think what you are questioning is whether to put Liverpool Uni or Liverpool John Moores as your Insurance choice. I would opt for Liverpool Uni as it is a much better University than LJM and is asking for slightly lower grades than your first choice.

If you fail to get into Liverpool Uni, you would still have the fall back option of getting into other places via Clearing.
0
reply
ConicalFlask
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#4
Report 2 years ago
#4
If you're asking if you should withdraw from LJMU before you get an offer - Don't. Especially if you're not completely sure of your insurance choice yet. There's no benefit to choosing firm and insurance choices early, so you might as well wait until you have a reply and make your choice in a few months time instead.


You might have a massive change of mind or choose to decide to more unis (it sounds like you've only applied to those three so far?), which you won't be able to do if you choose firm and insurance choices now.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads

View All