The Student Room Group

Struggling with Civil Engineering @ Strathclyde

Hi Everyone, i am currently in my 1st year of civil engineering course at university in Scotland, UK. I am struggling with two subjects which are Maths and Structural Mechanics, which i don't have a high school Higher/A-Level in both and have come from college with an HNC in Civil Engineering. I have had exams for both and have failed way below the pass mark. I just do not have a clue how to do university Maths and Structural Mechanics.

I have watched youtube videos, went to tutorials, got help from friends and even got a tutor and yet i still can't understand.

I am thinking perhaps the university i am at has been known to have a harder civil engineering course from what I've heard from other people but i don't know if its true. I am currently considering moving to a different university as the civil engineering course might be slightly less intimidating. Can you guys please advise me on what to do as I'm at a bit of a crossroads right now and my next move is very important. Thanks
Reply 1
Hi, moving to another university would not be the solution. The Joint Board of Moderators sets the standard for most of the civil engineering courses in the UK no matter where you go to study. The only solution would be work harder.
Reply 2
Btw, I'm also coming to strathclyde for Msc Civil engineering starting from January. Any good place for accommodation near the university ? I couldn't get the uni accommodation.
Reply 3
Hey man! What did you end up doing? I'm in 2nd year and structural mechanics is a painnn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending