The Student Room Group

Armed Forces Shoulder Dislocation Question

Hi there,

I recently applied to join the British Army, I wanted to join as an apprentice under the role of a vehicle mechanic or a joiner/carpenter.

However, I was turned down during my online application due to my medical check; I suffered an injury to my shoulder which resulted in a shoulder dislocation and during the course of about 2 years I had 3-4 subluxations. It has been 2 years since my last subluxation and I believe this is due to the fact that I have spent a significant amount of time strengthening it. I am now 27 and have been working as a labourer and it has not caused any problems at all.

Is it worth explaining my situation? Or will I just get rejected again? Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by bigferociousdog
Hi there,

I recently applied to join the British Army, I wanted to join as an apprentice under the role of a vehicle mechanic or a joiner/carpenter.

However, I was turned down during my online application due to my medical check; I suffered an injury to my shoulder which resulted in a shoulder dislocation and during the course of about 2 years I had 3-4 subluxations. It has been 2 years since my last subluxation and I believe this is due to the fact that I have spent a significant amount of time strengthening it. I am now 27 and have been working as a labourer and it has not caused any problems at all.

Is it worth explaining my situation? Or will I just get rejected again? Many thanks

It might be worth you going to an AFCO to talk about what the requirements are, how long you need to be clear of other issues.

Quick Reply

Latest