The Student Room Group

What colour to dye my hair?

Poll

What colour should i dye my hair?

Hello!

So basically im looking to dye my hair soon ( ombre ) and originally i wanted to go for a vivid colour such as teal or cotton candypink tho ofc my parents aren't so keen.
I was also wonder what if i had it done blonde at the salon and used semi permanent dyes over it at home ( eg like them colourista sprays or revolution shampoo dyes ) bc then that gives me the option to change up my colour pretty frequently ( i love changing my hair ) but ofc im no expert would that be bad? Is it best i don't do it?

My original hair colour is black / v dark brown
Depending on how old you are and how often you want to change the colour I would start out using wash out/ semi permanent dye. You could try dying it a pastel colour or a more natural colour first. Semi permanent dyes should be ok for your hair as long as you take care of your hair and buy good quality hair dye. I'm no professional though. Be care full with some sprays because they can end up looking really patchy if your not careful and some are just made for one day wear.
Go to a hair stylist, if you have bleached hair you can change your colour up a lot. I had blue and purple and even pink and it all washed out into white again because I have a really good hairstylist. Also as post above says, semi-permanent dyes.
(edited 5 years ago)
I would suggest you to go to a professional hairstylist to get a sound suggest you for the hair colour, your age, and skin tone.

Quick Reply

Latest