Fracking is the future

fracking is the greatest tool to utilise in order to generate enery

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RicoChandarana

ok.
Original post by Blue_Cow
ok.

Is this too complicated for ur 1 brain cell?
Is this too complicated for ur 1 brain cell?

No. It's just that you haven't justified exactly why it's the "the greatest tool to utilise in order to generate enery". You've also conveniently ignored all of the problems associated with fracking at the moment and the fact Cuadrilla suspended fracking after just a few weeks after resuming operations...
Original post by Blue_Cow
No. It's just that you haven't justified exactly why it's the "the greatest tool to utilise in order to generate enery". You've also conveniently ignored all of the problems associated with fracking at the moment and the fact Cuadrilla suspended fracking after just a few weeks after resuming operations...

Okay.. what is ur opinion
A neighbour of ours has Frackoff posters in the house window and in their cars.
There is a mum a dad and a 23 year old son. They have 3 cars and a van outside their house.
The irony seems to pass them by.
Original post by Just my opinion
A neighbour of ours has Frackoff posters in the house window and in their cars.
There is a mum a dad and a 23 year old son. They have 3 cars and a van outside their house.
The irony seems to pass them by.

h ----------------------------------------------> a
Reply 7

You're wrong.
EXPLAIN
Original post by Napp
You're wrong.
Reply 9
EXPLAIN

Do I really need to explain the blindingly obvious?
Original post by Napp
Do I really need to explain the blindingly obvious?

Are u stupid?
This thread has really fostered some stimulating conversation.

Renewables are the way forward from an economic, environmental and sustainability standpoint.
Renewables provide less than 15% of thee UK's energy. How do you think we will get to a point where we can generate most of the UK's energy with renewables
Renewables provide less than 15% of thee UK's energy. How do you think we will get to a point where we can generate most of the UK's energy with renewables

The same way we've seen over an 8-fold increase since 2001 in energy generated from renewables bringing it to just shy of 30% of all energy generated in the UK in 2017 (energy used=/=energy generated), through steadily increasing our investment in the required infrastructure over the next few decades.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Are u stupid?

Compared to you it would appear I am a genius kid :smile:
Lets be honest. Renewables are unreliable and the cost of changing over to renewables will be far greater than the cost of extraction prices of fossil fuels and the relatively cheap cost of fossil fuel energy production
Ur a student room bash with 22 badges. Ur doing a masters degree and ur still on student room. U must have a great life

This might be a better burn if you weren't also on The Student Room.
Reply 17
Lets be honest. Renewables are unreliable and the cost of changing over to renewables will be far greater than the cost of extraction prices of fossil fuels and the relatively cheap cost of fossil fuel energy production

What happens when fossil fuels run out? Even if extraction methods improve they will run out at some point because, ya kno, they aren't being renewed...

In the long term is it better to improve extraction methods for a finite resource, or improve methods for renewable (ie. infinite) resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with you. Fracking, Nuclear, coal, renewable energies are all bad for the planet in someway or another but they are nessassy evils in the evolution of man. We need energy, and we will do anything we can to get it. I believe fracking is bad but there are also benefits that come with fracking. One of these is the fact that it release naturally accuring gases to be used by us. This means that there is no carbon being added to the environment as this gas has already been naturally accured. However this possitive comes with the negative that carbon is realeased during the whole process of extraction to transportation and so its a very complex issue that many people have different opinions on. My personal oppinion is that it provides jobs, it uses up energy that would just sit there and the fact that it is less environmentallly damaging than other fossil fuels makes it more appealing. People complain about the environemental impacts but everything affects the environment. Massive oil spils in the ocean, wind turbines reuing natural landscapes and taking up land, dams hurting naturally wildlife and eco systems, nuclean producing toxic waste, etc. I believe that everyone who complains about frackign should compalin about every other energy collection method. Just because oil drilling doesn't happen at your front door doesn't mean its better than fracking. This is just my persoanl opinion and you guys are aloud to have yours.
Original post by Doonesbury
What happens when fossil fuels run out? Even if extraction methods improve they will run out at some point because, ya kno, they aren't being renewed...

In the long term is it better to improve extraction methods for a finite resource, or improve methods for renewable (ie. infinite) resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but fracking will allow us a 50 year period in which we can develop better sources of energy. By the time fossil fuels run out we will have the advanced technology to develop sustainable renewables but at this present time, we need fracking.

Quick Reply

Latest