Contraception pill Watch

lucywalker134
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’ve been takin the contraception pill for over a month now but recently have had sex but took it an hour late that day but have been taking it the exact same time everyday part from that day, is there a chance I could be pregnant? I have been having pain also under my ribs so I’m scared incase this could be a sign! Please help or help me worry less
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lucywalker134)
I’ve been takin the contraception pill for over a month now but recently have had sex but took it an hour late that day but have been taking it the exact same time everyday part from that day, is there a chance I could be pregnant? I have been having pain also under my ribs so I’m scared incase this could be a sign! Please help or help me worry less
Normally you have a 12 hour window to take your pill, so please don't worry. You've taken it correctly all other times and an hour really won't make much of a difference. I've taken my pill up to 6 hours late before and here I am like 5 months later and still just as not pregnant as I was before.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Dollwannabe)
pregnancy test. honestly, please alwayys use the pull out 'method' when you're not using a condm. Me and my boyfriend, if we're having sex without a condom he pulls out. I spoke about going on the pill, and he told me he was still gonna wear a condom for ejaculation even if i was, so there was no point. ether way, contraception pills aren't contraception enough. please, please be careful. if he wants to ejaculate in you he wears a condom or he pulls out. there's no third option. unwanted pregnancies are the last thing you need.
The pill should be enough if you take it correctly. There's such a small chance of pregnancy if taken correctly. It's just as fine as only using a condom or only using the injection etc. The OP has taken the pill correctly so having her partner ejaculate in her is unlikely to result in pregnancy.
Livvviiaaaa99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
\

its really unlikely.... I barely remember to take mine, intact this post has reminded me too and ive always had tests after sex and never been pregnant.,.. I highly doubt it
CollectiveSoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
even if you take it the exact same time every day the pill is only 99% protective.

I guess that means if you have sex 100 times, statistically 1 of those times could result in pregnancy? take the emergency pill and use 2 forms of contraception in future if you are worried.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Just stating what i do
That's fine, the bit that was not okay was saying the pill isn't good enough. Because it is, otherwise I and lots of women would have kids by now. If it wasn't a good contraceptive then it wouldn't be given so regularly to women. Please double check what you write to avoid spreading misinformation and potentially scaring young women. Thank you for helping keep TSR accurate and a place of good advice!
Livvviiaaaa99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
pregnancy test. honestly, please alwayys use the pull out 'method' when you're not using a condm. Me and my boyfriend, if we're having sex without a condom he pulls out. I spoke about going on the pill, and he told me he was still gonna wear a condom for ejaculation even if i was, so there was no point. ether way, contraception pills aren't contraception enough. please, please be careful. if he wants to ejaculate in you he wears a condom or he pulls out. there's no third option. unwanted pregnancies are the last thing you need.
how is pulling out safer than the pill??????????????? pre-*** can be enough to make someone fall pregnant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.57%

Watched Threads