The Student Room Group

Mischievous parrot befriends an Alexa device and keeps ordering items from Amazon

The African Grey parrot, named Rocco, lives with National Animal Welfare Trust sanctuary worker Marion Wischnewski, at her home in Blewbury, Oxfordshire.

He was rehomed from the sanctuary because of his bad language. Although she was kind enough to give him a new home, she probably didn't anticipate her shopping bills going up after Rocco figured out how to use Alexa to order a variety of things including fruit, veg, ice cream, light bulbs and a kite.

African Grey parrots are well known for their ability to mimic speech so this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, but it's proving a problem for Marion, who has to constantly check if he has ordered anything.

"I have to check the shopping list when I come in from work and cancel all the items he's ordered. I’ve come home before and he has romantic music playing. He loves to dance and has the sweetest personality."

Original post by Spirithorse
I’ve come home before and he has romantic music playing. He loves to dance and has the sweetest personality."

Iconic :laugh:
Wow... shopaholic parrot that loves amazon.
Wish I'd adopted this bird, we'd have so much in common. :biggrin:
ahh that old chestnut. probably just the excuse she gave to her husband

'it wasn't me that maxed out your credit card dear, it was the parrot who ordered the gucci handbag, versace scarf, louboutain shoes and tiffany diamond jewellery...'
Reply 4
Original post by goggleyed
ahh that old chestnut. probably just the excuse she gave to her husband

'it wasn't me that maxed out your credit card dear, it was the parrot who ordered the gucci handbag, versace scarf, louboutain shoes and tiffany diamond jewellery...'

lol 'and its not like I can return any of the stuff so I'll just keep it' :lol:

maybe I should get myself a parrot when I get married! :idea:

Quick Reply