I have no one to go to the cinema with :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys,

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this.
So I am a 19 year old girl and literally have no friends, well I do have friends but they live far away and we don't meet up that often. I don't go out of my house that often maybe I should starting going out more lol but where should I go haha
I really want to go see the Aquaman movie in IMAX 3D at the BFI IMAX this week but I don't have anyone to go with so what should I do guys? Are any of you guys going there this week? Should I go there alone and watch the movie by myself?
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried individually trying to arrange it with a few people? Having a date and time in mind helps.

Otherwise there’s is nothing wrong with going alone , Cinema is probs one of the best outings you can do alone
Tu quoque
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I found myself in the same situation before, and here is what I did to improve it:
- Try applying for lessons consisting of 15+ people of your age for your favourite sports. It is one of the best way to make new friends! (Personally, I did tennis once a week since i don't like going out as well lol)
- Even if they live far away, try meeting them - use a place that you guys all know e.g. school to meet up.
- Make friends on TSR, although I doubt many lives near you/me
Oh and also, be careful when making online friends.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Have you tried individually trying to arrange it with a few people? Having a date and time in mind helps.

Otherwise there’s is nothing wrong with going alone , Cinema is probs one of the best outings you can do alone
Yeah you are absolutely right! there is nothing wrong with going alone to the cinema. I don't think going to the cinema is a social event because you will be watching the movie on your own and it's a lot better when going alone as you wont have anyone there distracting you.
Xodrama.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey guys,

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this.
So I am a 19 year old girl and literally have no friends, well I do have friends but they live far away and we don't meet up that often. I don't go out of my house that often maybe I should starting going out more lol but where should I go haha
I really want to go see the Aquaman movie in IMAX 3D at the BFI IMAX this week but I don't have anyone to go with so what should I do guys? Are any of you guys going there this week? Should I go there alone and watch the movie by myself?
Yeah. I know what you mean. It can be awkward. In the back of your head you are worried people in the cinema might be thinking that you are a loner. But the truth is that no one really cares what you do. Well that's how I think anyways.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tu quoque)
I found myself in the same situation before, and here is what I did to improve it:
- Try applying for lessons consisting of 15+ people of your age for your favourite sports. It is one of the best way to make new friends! (Personally, I did tennis once a week since i don't like going out as well lol)
- Even if they live far away, try meeting them - use a place that you guys all know e.g. school to meet up.
- Make friends on TSR, although I doubt many lives near you/me
Oh and also, be careful when making online friends.
Yeah that's a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion I will be trying that out. I have been wanting to go to the gym but I don't think I would be making any friends there as everyone will be focused on doing their workouts lol
iElvendork
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go on your own - yes its nice to go with others and discuss the film afterwards but if you really want to see something then just book a ticket
I went to see fantastic beasts 2 on my own the other week, bit nervous at first but then I saw other people on their own and was like "who gives a sh*t"
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Xodrama.)
Yeah. I know what you mean. It can be awkward. In the back of your head you are worried people in the cinema might be thinking that you are a loner. But the truth is that no one really cares what you do. Well that's how I think anyways.
lol yeah also people wont really know I'm a loner coz the cinema does fill up quickly with people and they probably think the people sitting next to me are my friends hahaha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.69%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (209)
40.74%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.57%

Watched Threads