The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

GCU - Life Sciences

Anyone at Glasgow Caledonian studying Cell and Molecular Biology or Biomedical Science? Just looking for some perspectives?
Reply 1
I am in 4th year of the Cell and Molecular Biology program, so feel free to ask any questions?
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Anyone at Glasgow Caledonian studying Cell and Molecular Biology or Biomedical Science? Just looking for some perspectives?
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Aw thanks I'll definitely ask when I get the chance
Are you doing a placement this year?
Original post by sam2795
I am in 4th year of the Cell and Molecular Biology program, so feel free to ask any questions?
Reply 4
No, the only GCU life-science programme at undergraduate level that offers a placement as a component of the degree is food bioscience. However, their is still a chance to do an internship with organisations though ScotGrad.
Original post by sam2795
No, the only GCU life-science programme at undergraduate level that offers a placement as a component of the degree is food bioscience. However, their is still a chance to do an internship with organisations though ScotGrad.

I got told through email a placement is available. Do you know anyone who has transfered from another life science into biomedical as I got told this was extremely hard
I got into 1st year food Biosciences :smile:
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
I got told through email a placement is available. Do you know anyone who has transfered from another life science into biomedical as I got told this was extremely hard

Hello Rachel, the first/ second year of a few of the Biosciences are quite similar. I was told you could change. x
Thanks not actually going to cali now got told change is possible but difficult so didn't want to risk it.

Original post by Lyndsworth
Hello Rachel, the first/ second year of a few of the Biosciences are quite similar. I was told you could change. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending