Fine Art (Ba Hons) at Birmingham City University Watch

Roxox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hello. I am very curious into knowing people’s opinions who have studied or heard anything about what the art courses in BCU are like.
Artstudent12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m studying the Fine Art course at BCU at the minute and it’s great. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the technicians in the workshop are fantastic! Which course are you looking at?
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Roxox)
Hello. I am very curious into knowing people’s opinions who have studied or heard anything about what the art courses in BCU are like.
Hello! We asked BA (Hons) Fine Art student, and student ambassador, Hannah Beazley about her experience studying at Birmingham School of Art. Here's what she said:

"Birmingham School of Art is a fantastic place to study Fine Art. When I started looking at universities the number one thing I looked for from the course was flexibility; I didn’t want to get stuck down one path so the range of workshops, staff expertise and largely self-driven nature of the course is perfect. The School of Art is a friendly and supportive place to study, not to mention beautiful! Creativity is always encouraged and you’re constantly pushed by tutors to experiment and take your idea further than you ever thought possible. Support, both academic and career wise are easily accessible as the tutors are always in their office or at the end of an email."

We hope this helps
Roxox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thank you for replying to my question. This is so helpful, you have answered so many questions that I needed to know and the University sounds great!

For one of my options I have applied to study Fine art at Birmingham City University.😁

Did you find studying Art and Design at college any different to studying fine art at University or is it similar and in what ways?

(Original post by Artstudent12)
I’m studying the Fine Art course at BCU at the minute and it’s great. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the technicians in the workshop are fantastic! Which course are you looking at?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads