Is Wolverhampton University really as bad as some say? Watch

AlexA1919
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Most likely I'll be going to Wolverhampton Uni in 2020 for sport science as the grades for my first choice are ridiculously high and wolves gave me an unconditional, which I'm going to put as my insurance, but before I do so I want to know if its really as bad as some people say? All the videos I've watched show it to be a good uni with good facilities, on top of that their accommodation is the cheapest for an ensuite and they allow you to bring your car which is all pretty important me, not to mention the location is good, close to Birmingham etc. So just looking for some input really. Thanks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Geek5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know if it's any good, but I hope so because it'll be my first choice if I can get an offer. I applied 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything
AlexA1919
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geek5)
I don't know if it's any good, but I hope so because it'll be my first choice if I can get an offer. I applied 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything
Aha well I'll be seeing you there, as it is I won't get my grades for my first choice so I'll definitely be using the unconditional as my insurance choice, let's hope its good for both of us. Being that they haven't replied they might be giving you a conditional? I can't tell you if they're going to reject your offer as I had 2 unconditionals and all 5 offers, But I had my offer from wolves within 2 days but that's probs because my school made us submit applications very early
centraltrains
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you been to their open days? Wolvs was the only one I was intrested in I didn't go to :/
mizzsnazzter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AlexA1919)
Most likely I'll be going to Wolverhampton Uni in 2020 for sport science as the grades for my first choice are ridiculously high and wolves gave me an unconditional, which I'm going to put as my insurance, but before I do so I want to know if its really as bad as some people say? All the videos I've watched show it to be a good uni with good facilities, on top of that their accommodation is the cheapest for an ensuite and they allow you to bring your car which is all pretty important me, not to mention the location is good, close to Birmingham etc. So just looking for some input really. Thanks.
Depends what your grades are and what your capable of. If you’re a straight A student I would say no don’t go there.
Geek5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AlexA1919)
Aha well I'll be seeing you there, as it is I won't get my grades for my first choice so I'll definitely be using the unconditional as my insurance choice, let's hope its good for both of us. Being that they haven't replied they might be giving you a conditional? I can't tell you if they're going to reject your offer as I had 2 unconditionals and all 5 offers, But I had my offer from wolves within 2 days but that's probs because my school made us submit applications very early
I'm applying for teacher training so I will get a conditional as I'll have to sit a couple of skills tests and do an interview. I don't think my A Levels will worry them as I already have them (gap year) and have AAB + AS grade A. Really desperate to hear back though haha.
Geek5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by centraltrains)
Have you been to their open days? Wolvs was the only one I was intrested in I didn't go to :/
I couldn't make it to any as I couldn't get the time off work. Hopefully I can go to one of the Applicant days
AlexA1919
Rep:
?
(Original post by centraltrains)
I did book the open day but on the morning I was just too tired for the 3 hour drive from my house at 6 in the morning, so I went back to sleep, regret it now though.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What? It is cool... just learn to love Priest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snISHw_fu8c
Embrace the culture... smelly grebos are us.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 month ago
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We are not smelly but we are reviled.
CTLeafez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
We are not smelly but we are reviled.
You a student at Wolves?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
You a student at Wolves?
Was... there and Southampton. Helps to like rock music or be drummed out as the spliffhead you are. Tea-cosy heads are so NOT us.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Wolverhampton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.93%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)