The Student Room Group

Not over someone who’s trying to come back into my life from before

Never have I ever liked someone SO much In my life! Basically I was talking to this boy who lives an gor and half away from me for three months. He’s younger than me and meaning as I could drive in the summer I drove to meet him and stayed over his house. Ngl I had the best time ever. It went so well. Went for food, spins in his car and came home and watch Netflix. I’m still not over him now.
Anyways, after meeting things changed. He didn’t text me as much as he used to, phone calls and FaceTimes stopped and just little things we used to do before meeting stopped. So I said to him if you don’t like me I’d rather u say so I don’t get led on. He told me he really liked me and was really busy. He didn’t drive at the time was doing an apprenticeship so didn’t have loads of money so coming to see me was hard. He ended up calling it a day and ngl it broke me. Even though it was 3 months we spoke all day everyday.
So I moved to uni in September and I was moving on so well. Slept with a few boys, kissed a load etc. But like even though I didn’t think of him whilst I was doing it, every time I think of him I do think “omg what if”. Like none of these boys were as good as him.
So I came home for a weekend and he messaged me telling me he was going clubbing in my area. And was like meet me. So me being me I met up with him and ngl It brought everything back!! However, he messages me very often and now I’m getting it all flooding back to me.
He wants me to meet him again soon and wants me to go clubbing with him and stay where he’s staying with him. I’ve told him I don’t want a **** and chuck and he told me he’d never do that to me. We got history etc.
Idk what to do. I don’t want to nag him where I stand like I did last time Cos it’ll scare him off again but I’m Ngl I really like this boy. Playing it cool isn’t an option. I’m already attached. I was never really detached, just distracted and it’s been 6 months since we first met
What shall I do:frown:(
I think it would be good to have a chat with him about it. However, if that's not something that you necessarily would like to do, maybe just see how things go for a while and THEN talk to him. But of course, make it obvious that you'd consider him as a potential partner, and hopefully he'll see this too and realise that you're the one for him :smile:
If you're looking for some fun, it sounds like you guys have great chemistry or, well, YOU do. I know you may think that the two of you are close, but if he only hits you up when you're "in the area" to go clubbing and head back home with you, it doesn't sound very serious. Since you're very attached to him, I would say don't continue to hook up with him when it's convenient for HIM only. He was unwilling to commit after talking to you steady for months, doesn't make moves to visit you, and is spending his money/time clubbing instead of on you (when one of his biggest reasons for your relationship not working out was literally him apparently not having money and not having time for you). You have unresolved feelings for him which he could be aware of and is possibly using you because of! If you only want to have fun with him and think your romantic feelings can be brushed off with time, then by all means have fun!!! But you're playing a dangerous game by giving into him and still having feelings for him even though you know things most likely won't work out/get more serious in the long run. If you're even consciously comparing him to every other partner you've had so far, you're definitely not over him and perhaps should consider staying away from him. Take care of yourself first!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending