National 5 Computing Science 2018-19 Watch

Strelzo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Here we go, last exam. Good luck if you're sitting it as well 👍.
The_RobDob
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My exam went okay I think, how did everyone else get on?
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How did you guys find it?

I thought it was pretty easy, I left out the design question about the fairground one; nothing what I was expecting maybe because I was under pressure or something but I just couldn't get my head around how to code it. Other than that it was fine.
Last edited by Strelzo; 1 month ago
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The_RobDob)
My exam went okay I think, how did everyone else get on?
(Original post by Strelzo)

I thought it was pretty easy, I left out the design question about the fairground one; nothing what I was expecting maybe because I was under pressure or something but I just couldn't get my head around how to code it. Other than that it was fine.
Glad it went well for you both
The_RobDob
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

For the current meter reading question what did you put for line 18 in the code?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I’m after the exams, and I have to agree - exam was quite easy. However since my teachers was not teaching then I was stuck with end-user and functional requirements and I am dissapointed
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For the current meter reading question what did you put for line 18 in the code?
WHILE currentReading < previousReading

currentReading = InputBox("Error, enter a value what is not less than the previous reading.")

END WHILE
The_RobDob
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
WHILE currentReading < previousReading

currentReading = InputBox("Error, enter a value what is not less than the previous reading.")

END WHILE
Wasn't that what was already there?
Consequence_CC
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I put down
UNTIL currentMeter > previousMeter as it said that the current meter needs to be higher
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No idea, I'm just pissed at how badly worded some of the questions were. I'm probably wrong but oh well.
Nrevi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No idea, I'm just pissed at how badly worded some of the questions were. I'm probably wrong but oh well.
Agreed that’s what I hate about computing - the vague wordings. Overall the paper was fair.
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nrevi)
Agreed that’s what I hate about computing - the vague wordings. Overall the paper was fair.
Yeah, don't get me wrong it was a very fair paper, just don't see why they purposely write some questions out to try and catch you out.
Last edited by Strelzo; 1 month ago
Kubsyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I strongly agree on this one, I was confused on this one cause it was a conditional loop and then showing the output maybe?. Idk.
Kubsyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry for double post but, what did everybody get for design technique for fairground game thing?. I wrote out steps 1 and 2 then done 3 and 4 using structure diagram
Last edited by Kubsyy; 1 month ago
Consequence_CC
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)
Sorry for double post but, what did everybody get for design technique for fairground game thing?. I wrote out steps 1 and 2 then done 3 and 4 using structure diagram
Was that the one with the board and the scores?
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I strongly agree on this one, I was confused on this one cause it was a conditional loop and then showing the output maybe?. Idk.
It's like I know how to structure very high quality code, just stupid way of putting it. I hate the SQA with a passion.
Kubsyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Consequence_CC)
Was that the one with the board and the scores?
Yes
ads203
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
we finished learning about the course around February and my teacher kept ranting on about us learning our standard algorithms and that if we did anything over the April holiday, it was to learn the standard algorithms, my only question is how important are standard algorithms at higher? Also that nat 5 computing exam was not hard apart from that design technique question at the end of the paper. only economics left and my exams are done.
Consequence_CC
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes
I used python and I basically copied steps 1 and 2 that were shown above the answer box and added an if loop within the conditional loop to end game if score >= 50 and added another if loop out of conditional loop to display prize message if score was == 50.
Kubsyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Consequence_CC)
I used python and I basically copied steps 1 and 2 that were shown above the answer box and added an if loop within the conditional loop to end game if score >= 50 and added another if loop out of conditional loop to display prize message if score was == 50.
Oh that’s nice, I was learning Python too for computing however in my school we had to visual basic, therefore I was quite stuck but nice .

(Original post by ads203)
we finished learning about the course around February and my teacher kept ranting on about us learning our standard algorithms and that if we did anything over the April holiday, it was to learn the standard algorithms, my only question is how important are standard algorithms at higher? Also that nat 5 computing exam was not hard apart from that design technique question at the end of the paper. only economics left and my exams are done.
Oh wow that’s quite bad - I had a teacher who wasn’t teaching. I don’t know how it will be in higher but on BBC bitesize standard algorithms for higher are: find min, max (self-explanatory), linear search (Idk what is that), count occurences (Also idk what is that) and input validation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads