National 5 Computing Science 2018-19 Watch

Consequence_CC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)
Oh that’s nice, I was learning Python too for computing however in my school we had to visual basic, therefore I was quite stuck but nice .
Yeah we got told by our teachers that it would be ok to use a programming language for such a question and we just had to understand, roughly, what other design notations meant and how they worked.
ads203
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)

Oh wow that’s quite bad - I had a teacher who wasn’t teaching. I don’t know how it will be in higher but on BBC bitesize standard algorithms for higher are: find min, max (self-explanatory), linear search (Idk what is that), count occurences (Also idk what is that) and input validation.
Na the teacher did a really good job of teaching the class and I got an A in the prelim without revision, also thanks.
-MikeMike-
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you had to draw navigation did anyone draw it like the hierarchical question in the 2018 paper? Or would that not count like navigation?
Strelzo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by -MikeMike-)
When you had to draw navigation did anyone draw it like the hierarchical question in the 2018 paper? Or would that not count like navigation?
Yes, I drew a hierarchical structure; every page (besides the basketball page) links back to the homepage (reversible arrows).
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Btw guys, see for the question where you had to read the structure diagram; one of the shapes didn't have a line directing it to a "No" answer for what happens if the tree size was small; I think i got 50 as my total answer for both trees, what did you guys get?
Consequence_CC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I got down 50.00 aswell, 23 for the cherry tree and 18x1.5 = 27 for the pear tree.
(Original post by Strelzo)
Btw guys, see for the question where you had to read the structure diagram; one of the shapes didn't have a line directing it to a "No" answer for what happens if the tree size was small; I think i got 50 as my total answer for both trees, what did you guys get?
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Consequence_CC)
Yeah I got down 50.00 aswell, 23 for the cherry tree and 18x1.5 = 27 for the pear tree.
Alright good; was starting to question whether my paper had been printed right lol.
Phi.re0
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ads203)
we finished learning about the course around February and my teacher kept ranting on about us learning our standard algorithms and that if we did anything over the April holiday, it was to learn the standard algorithms, my only question is how important are standard algorithms at higher? Also that nat 5 computing exam was not hard apart from that design technique question at the end of the paper. only economics left and my exams are done.
The standard algorithms are fairly important for higher, mostly for the assignment but you will need to know them for the exam too.

The standard algorithms we done this year in higher were:
1. Input Validation
2. Finding Maximum
3. Finding Minimum
4. Count Occurrences
5. Linear search
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads