Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So my options are-
Northumbria
Bristol UWE
Sheffield Hallam
I know Bristol UWE is the better uni for mechanical engineering however the accommodation prices are extortionate and I prefer the city of Sheffield and Newcastle. Which one would you guys really recommend?
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The UWE accommodation seems a bit more expensive but you can still get accommodation in the reasonably priced ~4.5k range. I would say UWE is really quite a lot more respected for engineering than the other two, and you would likely make up any additional costs from summer internship opportunities if that's something you would like to do.

That said, living in a city you don't like for 3-4 years isn't a good idea, and if Bristol (particularly the outskirts of Bristol that you'll be living in as a UWE student) isn't your cup of tea then you should go for one of the others.
RumblyPyth
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I don’t think I could deal without an en-suite and it’s crazy prices for that. It’s quite a distance to the center aswell.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by RumblyPyth)
I don’t think I could deal without an en-suite and it’s crazy prices for that. It’s quite a distance to the center aswell.
There is some private accommodation in Bristol city centre for about £126 which is quite a bit more than the lowest price £108 en-suites at Sheffield Hallam I'll admit, but it is basically the same price as en-suites at Northumbria, those all start at £119.
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by RumblyPyth)
So my options are-
Northumbria
Bristol UWE
Sheffield Hallam
I know Bristol UWE is the better uni for mechanical engineering however the accommodation prices are extortionate and I prefer the city of Sheffield and Newcastle. Which one would you guys really recommend?
Hey RumblyPyth

Our student ambassadors can tell you a bit about student life and accommodation in Sheffield! hallamstudents

Thanks
Bridget
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads