The Student Room Group

A level maths

In gcse I used to always get A's for maths, but now i'm doing A level maths and I revise so hard but get D's on the tests.
I make sure I understand everything, and not just memorize, do so many practise questions but end up getting D's on the tests. I'm so disappointed, What am I doing wrong???
Original post by Anonymous
In gcse I used to always get A's for maths, but now i'm doing A level maths and I revise so hard but get D's on the tests.
I make sure I understand everything, and not just memorize, do so many practise questions but end up getting D's on the tests. I'm so disappointed, What am I doing wrong???

Depends on the level of questions you’re doing. Maybe the practice questions you’re doing are too easy??? Applying a topic to context/scenario is equally as important as understanding it too.
Reply 2
the practise questions I do are the same level as exam questions
Reply 3
If you're getting D's then you're not doing them correctly. Learn how to do each type of question and they'll become familiar to you. The key is practise, practise and practise!
To be fair, it might be that the teachers are setting the grade boundaries too high. When I was a first year last year, they always used to do 90% A*, 80% A etc, until the AS exams when an A came out as just under 60%. So basically, that year I went from a low C in a mock to an A in the next one, just because that had proper grade boundaries.
Reply 5
The test questions are much harder than the practise questions, what do I do?
Reply 6
The test questions are much harder than the practise questions, even though the practise questions are at the same level as exam questions, what do I do?

Quick Reply

Latest