The Student Room Group

UCAS Residential Category

Hi all,
I'm confused as to what to put on my UCAS application for the residential category section. I'm an English citizen, but have to apply from the EU (France) as I've lived here for the past 3 years. I have dual nationality.
The options I'm hesitating between are "UK citizen - England", "EU National (non-UK citizen)" and "other". Problem with the first two is that they seem to imply only from the UK, and only from the EU. Advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Kinyonga
Hi all,
I'm confused as to what to put on my UCAS application for the residential category section. I'm an English citizen, but have to apply from the EU (France) as I've lived here for the past 3 years. I have dual nationality.
The options I'm hesitating between are "UK citizen - England", "EU National (non-UK citizen)" and "other". Problem with the first two is that they seem to imply only from the UK, and only from the EU. Advice?

Call UCAS
Hi all,

Do you intend to apply to SFE for a maintenance loan based on previous residence in England? If so pick UK citizen - England.

Don't worry too much - the UCAS categories are terrible and most universities will double check if there's any uncertainty.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Do you intend to apply to SFE for a maintenance loan based on previous residence in England? If so pick UK citizen - England.

Don't worry too much - the UCAS categories are terrible and most universities will double check if there's any uncertainty.

Oh, is it possible to get a maintenance loan based on that? I thought I had to rule it out completely. That's definitely something I need to consider then.

And ok, thanks :wink: I'll probably just go for "other" unless I decide to apply for maintenance.
Oh, is it possible to get a maintenance loan based on that? I thought I had to rule it out completely. That's definitely something I need to consider then.

And ok, thanks :wink: I'll probably just go for "other" unless I decide to apply for maintenance.

Number 6 on https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Government-Student-Support#layer-6193 gives eligibility to UK nationals who have lived in England but then moved to the EEA/Switzerland for work (or for family to work). So yes you could get a maintenance loan.

If you opt for Other then you're likely to end up getting asked by your universities to fill out a long and complex fee status assessment form. I wouldn't recommend it in your case. If you're a UK national and previously lived in England before moving to France then "UK Citizen - England" is the correct choice.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Number 6 on https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Government-Student-Support#layer-6193 gives eligibility to UK nationals who have lived in England but then moved to the EEA/Switzerland for work (or for family to work). So yes you could get a maintenance loan.

If you opt for Other then you're likely to end up getting asked by your universities to fill out a long and complex fee status assessment form. I wouldn't recommend it in your case. If you're a UK national and previously lived in England before moving to France then "UK Citizen - England" is the correct choice.

Brilliant, thank you so much for the link and the clarification :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending