Kinyonga
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,
I'm confused as to what to put on my UCAS application for the residential category section. I'm an English citizen, but have to apply from the EU (France) as I've lived here for the past 3 years. I have dual nationality.
The options I'm hesitating between are "UK citizen - England", "EU National (non-UK citizen)" and "other". Problem with the first two is that they seem to imply only from the UK, and only from the EU. Advice?
esrever
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
Hi all,
I'm confused as to what to put on my UCAS application for the residential category section. I'm an English citizen, but have to apply from the EU (France) as I've lived here for the past 3 years. I have dual nationality.
The options I'm hesitating between are "UK citizen - England", "EU National (non-UK citizen)" and "other". Problem with the first two is that they seem to imply only from the UK, and only from the EU. Advice?
Call UCAS
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi all,
Do you intend to apply to SFE for a maintenance loan based on previous residence in England? If so pick UK citizen - England.

Don't worry too much - the UCAS categories are terrible and most universities will double check if there's any uncertainty.
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Do you intend to apply to SFE for a maintenance loan based on previous residence in England? If so pick UK citizen - England.

Don't worry too much - the UCAS categories are terrible and most universities will double check if there's any uncertainty.
Oh, is it possible to get a maintenance loan based on that? I thought I had to rule it out completely. That's definitely something I need to consider then.

And ok, thanks I'll probably just go for "other" unless I decide to apply for maintenance.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh, is it possible to get a maintenance loan based on that? I thought I had to rule it out completely. That's definitely something I need to consider then.

And ok, thanks I'll probably just go for "other" unless I decide to apply for maintenance.
Number 6 on https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...ort#layer-6193 gives eligibility to UK nationals who have lived in England but then moved to the EEA/Switzerland for work (or for family to work). So yes you could get a maintenance loan.

If you opt for Other then you're likely to end up getting asked by your universities to fill out a long and complex fee status assessment form. I wouldn't recommend it in your case. If you're a UK national and previously lived in England before moving to France then "UK Citizen - England" is the correct choice.
Last edited by PQ; 2 years ago
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Number 6 on https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...ort#layer-6193 gives eligibility to UK nationals who have lived in England but then moved to the EEA/Switzerland for work (or for family to work). So yes you could get a maintenance loan.

If you opt for Other then you're likely to end up getting asked by your universities to fill out a long and complex fee status assessment form. I wouldn't recommend it in your case. If you're a UK national and previously lived in England before moving to France then "UK Citizen - England" is the correct choice.
Brilliant, thank you so much for the link and the clarification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads