45.45%
No (12)
54.55%
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Looking to buy a new phone. Don't know whether to get iphone or Android. And i dont know what android i should get cause its either that or iphone 7
Tom2001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Apple iPhones are overpriced rubbish. This is typed on an iPhone.
pereira325
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just pick what you like and what you think it best because it's a constant debate if apple is better or samsung is better or any other android phone is better...
If you're used to iphone then might aswell stay with it. If you know how to work with android then stay with that, imo.
K.I.M
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
iphone have better quality system however the downfall of iphones is that the battery doesn't last long so the android would be better also you can't get specific apps on andriod which you can get on an iphone.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Samsungs are cheaper.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
Looking to buy a new phone. Don't know whether to get iphone or Android. And i dont know what android i should get cause its either that or iphone 7
Both have their upsides and downsides, it all depends on the buyer and anyone telling you that one is definitively better than the other is wrong.

What features are most important to you in a phone? Do you want to be able to customise how your phone looks and feels? What is your budget?
K.I.M
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
samsung take better photos than iphones
princess770
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s depends on the prices I had htc and now I have iPhone 7 and it’s good u can buy Samsung or iPhone both of them are good
username3890778
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Both have their upsides and downsides, it all depends on the buyer and anyone telling you that one is definitively better than the other is wrong.

What features are most important to you in a phone? Do you want to be able to customise how your phone looks and feels? What is your budget?
Netflix and the internet. Word aswell. Yes i do. Im paying monthly so like 30
OxbridgeRejectTT
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Samsung is more durable. I've dropped mine at least 20 times and it's still working perfectly well. I had 2 iPhones previously and they broke really easily. Plus Samsung has more customisation options.
K.I.M
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OxbridgeRejectTT)
Samsung is more durable. I've dropped mine at least 20 times and it's still working perfectly well. I had 2 iPhones previously and they broke really easily. Plus Samsung has more customisation options.
i agree with this the battery on a samsung is aso much better and lasts longer
username3890778
Rep:
?
(Original post by KimNoel)
samsung take better photos than iphones
Ah thats where i disagree
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Netflix and the internet. Word aswell. Yes i do. Im paying monthly so like 30
It sounds like a larger screen Android phone would be best for you. Bigger screens are better for watching media and word processing, and the iPhone 7's display is pretty tiny by modern standards if that's the best iPhone available to you. As for customisation, Apple has very little room for tweaking your system at all while on Android you have a lot of options.

Do you have any budget for the upfront cost of the phone?
K.I.M
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah thats where i disagree
my sister has a samsung and she took a photo of a catipillar and she had lots of editing apps to helps and it turned out amazing but i agree with u to a certian point iphones can take good photos to a certian degree
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Apart from iTunes, Samsung will do everything as good as an IPhone and unlike the iPhone, it won't die as quickly as a mayfly on heroin like most Apple products.
username3890778
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
It sounds like a larger screen Android phone would be best for you. Bigger screens are better for watching media and word processing, and the iPhone 7's display is pretty tiny by modern standards if that's the best iPhone available to you. As for customisation, Apple has very little room for tweaking your system at all while on Android you have a lot of options.

Do you have any budget for the upfront cost of the phone?
I do want great camera quality too and a long battery life. But i dont want the size too big.

K.I.M
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do want great camera quality too and a long battery life. But i dont want the size too big.

android is a perfect size and their camera quality is good i recommend it
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Would you be comfortable with a phone about the size of the iPhone 6/7/8 Plus?
username3890778
Rep:
?
(Original post by KimNoel)
android is a perfect size and their camera quality is good i recommend it
I think the iphone 6 is the perfect size. Android is too big , no?
username3890778
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Would you be comfortable with a phone about the size of the iPhone 6/7/8 Plus?
Iphone 6 size is perfect
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads