Rhodesian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
So I sent of my UCAS application on Yesterday (Monday 17th).
I got an offer from a university today. It’s the University of Law. I dont really want to go there but it’s conditions are BBB which seems achievable.

Anyway we’re I really want to go is Durham or Warwick.
I was wondering how long it usually takes for these universities to give me an offer or rejection.

Also, do I decide on a firm and insurance once I get all my offers?
And is there a deadline for deciding these?
arabie2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Warwick is probably along the lines of tripple As however as u sent it yesterday youll just need to give it time
Rhodesian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by arabie2001)
Warwick is probably along the lines of tripple As however as u sent it yesterday youll just need to give it time
My predictions are A*A*B so I feel I have a chance of getting an offer from Warwick and hopefully for Durham.
I was just wondering how many weeks it usually takes to get offers.
arabie2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For me it took around 3 weeks to get all my 5 offers but it varies for everyone
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can do better than the University of Law with those predicted grades.

You don't need to decide on your Firm and Insurance until you have heard back from all 5 places and there is no need to panic if it takes several weeks, even months to hear back from them. They will all be closing now for Christmas so don't worry if you don't get any more offers until January. You don't need to respond to the University of Law offer until you have had a response from the other 4 (even if anyone was going to reject you, they would still need to let you know their decision). Best of Luck with your offers, and when you have them, maybe post again if you want more advice about what to do at that stage?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The earliest deadline for picking firm choices is at the start of May next year.

Relax - you will have months to decide what to choose.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rhodesian)
Hi,
So I sent of my UCAS application on Yesterday (Monday 17th).
I got an offer from a university today. It’s the University of Law. I dont really want to go there but it’s conditions are BBB which seems achievable.

Anyway we’re I really want to go is Durham or Warwick.
I was wondering how long it usually takes for these universities to give me an offer or rejection.

Also, do I decide on a firm and insurance once I get all my offers?
And is there a deadline for deciding these?
universities take varying length of times to make offers from a couple of hours to several months. Durham is well known for long delays so it might be a while. You dont have to make a decision until May and it would be adviseable to wait until closer to the deadline to ensure you are certain about where you wish to go. If you get offers go to visit days to help you decide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed