A level RPP
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
evaluate the case for introducing proportional representation for UK general Elections

Evaluate the criticisms levelled against the use of referendums in the UK
Wellnowhe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What exactly do you want help with?
A level RPP
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wellnowhe)
What exactly do you want help with?
Structure, anything, everything!!!! Thanks
Wellnowhe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well for the prior point, it’s advisable to look at systems which the combined exam board considers proportional representation, this is commonly AMS qnd STV, (and SV to some extent), and general scope around this, so it’s best to look at the disadvantages based on the alternative countries such as Sweden, Germany, the sentiment in the U.K. arguing that it may infringe the will of people after the AV vote and perhaps technical flaws such as not definitely proportional (looking at representation, the government) and ultimately providing different elements of information, synthesis can be advisable to perhaps government, parliament, and democracy

Looking into referendum is a bit easier, link it to direct democracy and political ideology especially that of the liberal philosopher John Stuart mill, make reference to recent referendum and direct democracy applying political theory and practice (it’s after effects and in practice), potentially synthesise to the government and its control over referendums, perhaps contextualise your argument to apply to a point

Hope this helps and guides you, it’s best to construct your own points from research and knowledge, do not fear complex illustrating
A level RPP
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wellnowhe)
Well for the prior point, it’s advisable to look at systems which the combined exam board considers proportional representation, this is commonly AMS qnd STV, (and SV to some extent), and general scope around this, so it’s best to look at the disadvantages based on the alternative countries such as Sweden, Germany, the sentiment in the U.K. arguing that it may infringe the will of people after the AV vote and perhaps technical flaws such as not definitely proportional (looking at representation, the government) and ultimately providing different elements of information, synthesis can be advisable to perhaps government, parliament, and democracy

Looking into referendum is a bit easier, link it to direct democracy and political ideology especially that of the liberal philosopher John Stuart mill, make reference to recent referendum and direct democracy applying political theory and practice (it’s after effects and in practice), potentially synthesise to the government and its control over referendums, perhaps contextualise your argument to apply to a point

Hope this helps and guides you, it’s best to construct your own points from research and knowledge, do not fear complex illustrating
Thanks!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads