Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hiya, I've recently been struggling financially at university, and my parents are unable to help either due to a massive decrease in their earnings (their total income used to be higher until a change in circumstance). I've seen in other posts different forms and stuff, but I was wondering how I would personally go about asking for reconsideration? thanks!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Iyla)
    hiya, I've recently been struggling financially at university, and my parents are unable to help either due to a massive decrease in their earnings (their total income used to be higher until a change in circumstance). I've seen in other posts different forms and stuff, but I was wondering how I would personally go about asking for reconsideration? thanks!!
    Hi lyla,

Can you confirm are you already receiving Maintenance Loan based on your parents income? Also, you mentioned your parents household income has dropped, has it dropped by 15% or more?

Thanks, Andy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFE Andrew)
    Hi lyla,

Can you confirm are you already receiving Maintenance Loan based on your parents income? Also, you mentioned your parents household income has dropped, has it dropped by 15% or more?

Thanks, Andy
    Hello! Yes I am already receiving maintenance loan based on parents income and yes the household income has dropped by more than 15%. Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Iyla)
    Hello! Yes I am already receiving maintenance loan based on parents income and yes the household income has dropped by more than 15%. Thanks
    Hello,

Thanks for confirming that. If that is the case, your parents can complete a Current Year Income Assessment Form (CYI). On this they will be asked to estimate their income for the 18/19 tax year, we will compare this to the 16/17 tax year figures they have already submitted, if the drop is 15% or more, we will reassess your finance based on the 18/19 estimates. At the end of the tax year, around April/May 2019 we will ask them to complete a PR2 form with their actual earnings.

You can find the CYI form here: http://ow.ly/SLIR30n2zKR
    Let us know if there is anything we can clarify about this for you.

Thanks, Andy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFE Andrew)
    Hello,

Thanks for confirming that. If that is the case, your parents can complete a Current Year Income Assessment Form (CYI). On this they will be asked to estimate their income for the 18/19 tax year, we will compare this to the 16/17 tax year figures they have already submitted, if the drop is 15% or more, we will reassess your finance based on the 18/19 estimates. At the end of the tax year, around April/May 2019 we will ask them to complete a PR2 form with their actual earnings.

You can find the CYI form here: http://ow.ly/SLIR30n2zKR
    Let us know if there is anything we can clarify about this for you.

Thanks, Andy
    Hiya, My parents and I are filling in the form and it’s all okay, except it asks for a customer reference number, is it referring to my customer reference number?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Iyla)
    Hiya, My parents and I are filling in the form and it’s all okay, except it asks for a customer reference number, is it referring to my customer reference number?
    Hey Lyla,

The CYI form is asking for your parents' Customer Reference Numbers. They're able to find these on any letters we sent to them or in their online accounts here http://ow.ly/Yujy30n6Yh7.

Regards,
    Nihad

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.