Probation year preference waiver (anywhere box)

Watch
Amy412
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I am currently working on the PGDE in secondary education in Scotland. I am also trying to complete my application for my probationary year of teaching.
I am trying to decided whether to choose 5 local authorities or The anywhere box (extra £8k) where I can be sent anywhere in Scotland.

I was looking for any advice from people who have already gone through this process and any success/ fail stories from ticking The anywhere box would be very helpful.

Further information if this helps at all: my to 2 councils would be fife council and Perth and Kinross council, both have been within the top 3 councils to be allocated the most “anywhere box” teachers.
MjM_2103
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Amy412)
Hi,
I am currently working on the PGDE in secondary education in Scotland. I am also trying to complete my application for my probationary year of teaching.
I am trying to decided whether to choose 5 local authorities or The anywhere box (extra £8k) where I can be sent anywhere in Scotland.

I was looking for any advice from people who have already gone through this process and any success/ fail stories from ticking The anywhere box would be very helpful.

Further information if this helps at all: my to 2 councils would be fife council and Perth and Kinross council, both have been within the top 3 councils to be allocated the most “anywhere box” teachers.
Hi there,

I'm having the same dilemma now myself with the same council areas as preference. I would love to know what you decided to do and where you ended up..
bex285
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MjM_2103)
Hi there,

I'm having the same dilemma now myself with the same council areas as preference. I would love to know what you decided to do and where you ended up..
I've been looking for threads about the preference waiver and I notice you've asked this on a few of them, did you end up going for it?
MjM_2103
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn’t go for it in the end. Angus Perth and fife are all geographically large local authorities so I decided the risk of a lot of travel was high enough so without the tick box. I ended up with my first choice school in my first choice LA so it worked out perfectly for me..
bex285
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MjM_2103)
I didn’t go for it in the end. Angus Perth and fife are all geographically large local authorities so I decided the risk of a lot of travel was high enough so without the tick box. I ended up with my first choice school in my first choice LA so it worked out perfectly for me..
Thanks for replying so quickly, glad you got your first choice! Hope you're enjoying it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (291)
57.62%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (70)
13.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (56)
11.09%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (42)
8.32%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.96%

Watched Threads