Help! I want to drop out of college. Watch

hollyelizabethh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently a few months into doing a Level 2 business studies course at my local college. Quick little back story, messed up from GCSES completely only achieving two in English Lit and Lang at grade 4 and recently just resat Maths (getting my results Jan 17th) and I’m feeling pretty good about it.
At the beginning of this school year, I was loving college. I was always ahead of the class and loved doing business but as it go into the year I could see my mood change. I was slowly becoming more and more sad and one day I ended up going to the doctors and got diagnosed with depression. I’m now on medication which worked for a while and I was getting back on track but now I’ve fallen behind in my work and I’m starting to feel down again.
My main issue is that I just can’t seem to do my work. It’s going to sound stupid but I just can’t find the energy to do it and when I do try I just end up sitting there for ages. I’ve done the whole having a word with myself and crying a lot about it but now I’ve just reached breaking point. So I’m asking for some help here. What can I do? Do I try and stick it out even though it’s bringing me down and making me more depressed or do I drop out? And if I do drop out, what can I do with two GCSES?
TheJohnM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same but I’m a first year uni student. I have two essays due in 54 hours and have no motivation to finish them. I just stress myself out 24h before the deadline and submit weak work. I can’t stop procrastinating.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?