Migrant worker non means tested Watch

Lucas111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am 24 years old and I would like to apply for maintenance loan. I am eu migrant worker, I live alone in the UK (I am independent) and someone told me that I can apply as a non means tested. What does it mean exactly ? I heard that in this case I don't need to provide my parents' earnings. Should I use PN1 form ? If yes, what I should write in section 7 ? Thank you in advance.
SFE Nihad
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Lucas,

Do you currently only have an EU application in place? When does your course start?

Regards,
Nihad
Lucas111
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Nihad)Hi Lucas,

Do you currently only have an EU application in place? When does your course start?

Regards,
Nihad

Hi,
I started in October 2018. I applyed for tution fee and SFE considered my application in a positive result.
I am in the UK since June 2017 and I can provide all my payslips. I am currently working (part time) so the evidences will not be a problem.
SFE Nihad
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucas111)

Regards,
Nihad

Hi,
I started in October 2018. I applyed for tution fee and SFE considered my application in a positive result.
I am in the UK since June 2017 and I can provide all my payslips. I am currently working (part time) so the evidences will not be a problem.
Hi Lucas,

To qualify for home funding as a Migrant Worker, you need to be working and continue to work throughout your studies. You also need to have been in the UK from the first day of the first academic year and not just the first day of your course.

To apply for Migrant Worker funding, you need to complete this form: http://ow.ly/jES230lUHJj. If you only want a non-income assessed Maintenance Loan and you do not wish that your parents supply their details then section 12 can be left blank.

You also need to supply evidence as follows:

-Your original Passport or National ID Card

-A copy of your contract of employment that accurately represents your contracted hours and pay. If the contract does not confirm your hours and pay or you are on a zero hour contract, we will need a letter from your employer confirming this information. This letter must be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or your Manager

-Your last 3 months payslips (if available)

-Your most recent P60 (if available)

Since the course has already started and because September and November have come to an end, we will ask that you include your termly evidence as well. Please include one of the following:

-Payslips showing at least one week of work completed in September and November or

-A letter from your employer dated on or after 1st September confirming continued employment - letter must be on company headed paper & signed and dated by your manager or HR department (you still need to supply November's payslip with this)

All to be sent to:

EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Best wishes,
Nihad
Lucas111
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago

To qualify for home funding as a Migrant Worker, you need to be working and continue to work throughout your studies. You also need to have been in the UK from the first day of the first academic year and not just the first day of your course.

To apply for Migrant Worker funding, you need to complete this form: http://ow.ly/jES230lUHJj. If you only want a non-income assessed Maintenance Loan and you do not wish that your parents supply their details then section 12 can be left blank.

-A copy of your contract of employment that accurately represents your contracted hours and pay. If the contract does not confirm your hours and pay or you are on a zero hour contract, we will need a letter from your employer confirming this information. This letter must be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or your Manager

Since the course has already started and because September and November have come to an end, we will ask that you include your termly evidence as well. Please include one of the following:

-Payslips showing at least one week of work completed in September and November or

-A letter from your employer dated on or after 1st September confirming continued employment - letter must be on company headed paper & signed and dated by your manager or HR department (you still need to supply November's payslip with this)

All to be sent to:

EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Best wishes,
Nihad

Thank you so much.

What about section 7 ? Should I tick everything as a dependent student, independent or just live it blank and write note that I want to apply as a migrant worker non means tested ?
SFE Nihad
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucas111)

All to be sent to:

EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Best wishes,
Nihad

Thank you so much.

What about section 7 ? Should I tick everything as a dependent student, independent or just live it blank and write note that I want to apply as a migrant worker non means tested ?
Hi Lucas,

For the first three questions in Section 7, your answer should be no based on what you've advised unless your circumstances suggest otherwise. For the fourth question; question b, you're not obliged to tick anything unless one of those answers actually applies to you.

You might find the Guidance Notes beneficial as they will explain the questions to you. These can be found here http://ow.ly/9vxS30n31FB.

Many thanks,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?