The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL 02 Graduate Scheme 2019-Finance

So I thought I should start a discussion as there isn't one for 2019, the platform just opened for applications

I completed the online test on 19/12/2018, no response yet
Any one got any tips for the video interview? anyone who didn't get in last year and has any info to share?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lnka2
So I thought I should start a discussion as there isn't one for 2019, the platform just opened for applications

Any one got any tips for the video interview? anyone who didn't get in last year and has any info to share?

We supply the software to conduct video interviews, so we can definitely help you get prepared.

Most companies will ask you competency based questions (i.e. how you do something) with a much smaller number asking strengths-based questions (i.e. what engages and interests you). These approaches are very different, so be sure to clarify which one will be used for your interview. Whichever type of questions they asked, the hiring company will be looking to establish whether you can do the job to the required standard while fitting into the existing culture.

Most will be open questions. They usually consist of one part but some may digress to find out a little bit more about you. Nearly all the interview questions will be very straightforward, with no trick questions. Don’t be surprised if you are initially asked an icebreaker question. This is intended to ease you into the process and make you feel more comfortable.

Typically, you will have between 1.5 and 2 minutes to respond to a question. Hiring companies tend to give you more time than you need. They won’t be evaluating you on how long your answer is, so don’t think that you need to fill every second of the allocated time. If you finish your answer and still have time remaining, simply press the option to move on to the next question. There is no need to wait until the end of the allotted time.

If you want to familiarise yourself with the process, you can trial one question at https://shortlist.me/ After the free question you would need to upgrade to continue, but it might help you understand how it works at least

Hope this helps and good luck! If you have any more questions just shout.

................................ ................................ ................................ .
Shortlist.Me is a platform where you can prepare, practice and improve your interview skills to get ahead of your competition. We’re interviewing experts and here to help you, so ask away!
Reply 2
Original post by lnka2

So I have now been invited for a video interview
I’m going to try and get it done today
Reply 3
Original post by lnka2
So I have now been invited for a video interview
I’m going to try and get it done today

I’ve done the video interview now
It went well I think
Only 3 questions
Reply 4
So they sent me an email to complete my online tests even though I did them yesterday? Logged on again and they were marked as incomplete so re-did them :confused: They were still hard though lmao
Reply 5
I emailed them and they said we would probably hear back from video interviews late January
I have my video link interview ! Nervous ! Any tips ?!
Can i just ask for everyone tht completed the video interview, can you record the interview answer twice? Or do you just get the one shot ?
Original post by Alaya1905
Can i just ask for everyone tht completed the video interview, can you record the interview answer twice? Or do you just get the one shot ?

I think it’s once, they said it’s time limited. I am worried as well, do you think I will get away from the fact that I am not a native speaker? What I am trying to say is, do the employers recognise the difference between excellent communication skills and fluency of the language used - despite the fact that there is a thin connection between the two?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lnka2
I’ve done the video interview now
It went well I think
Only 3 questions

Can you tell me what questions did they ask , or what type of questions? I am pretty sure the first question will be Why O2 Graduate Programme”
I completed the video interview yday, please keep me updated when anyone hears back from them, happy new year all.
Reply 11
Original post by Alaya1905
I completed the video interview yday, please keep me updated when anyone hears back from them, happy new year all.
Hey, I hope it went well for you. Were they competency-based q's and did you get two attempts or just one? Going to do mine tomorrow so will keep you updated if/ when I hear back.:smile:
What were the type of questions asked in the video interview? Were they competency based?
Thank you!!
Reply 13
Original post by mattc101
What were the type of questions asked in the video interview? Were they competency based?
Thank you!!

So I've done the video interview. In my case, there were three competency questions and no opportunity to re-record.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!
I did the video interview in early December and haven't heard anything back yet. Emailed them and they said they should be getting back to me soon. The application processes for graduate schemes are so frustrating!Curious as to where else everyone is applying?
Original post by stevenjames94
I did the video interview in early December and haven't heard anything back yet. Emailed them and they said they should be getting back to me soon. The application processes for graduate schemes are so frustrating!Curious as to where else everyone is applying?

Hi there!
I’ve applied for Data and Analytics graduate scheme, completed my video interview today. Had anyone heard back from them?
Reply 16
Did mine last month
They said we will hear back ending of January
Does anyone know when the assessment centres are due to be (if we're successful)? Or how many positions they are looking to fill?
I applied to the Graduate Leadership programme!
Anyone hear back yet?
Na nothing yet, think Feb time is when we will start hearing back from them...

Quick Reply

Latest