The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan eligibility

I am enquiring about the Postgraduate Loan for an MA course at MetFilm School. The eligibility section states those who already hold a Masters qualification will not be given a loan.
I have a qualification from Kings College, University of London MEng in Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems in 2001 which was a 4 year degree.
I would like you to check if this does not allow me to be eligible to apply for the loan because of it being a 4 year course and not a separate 1 year Masters degree.
Original post by NeeshahK
I am enquiring about the Postgraduate Loan for an MA course at MetFilm School. The eligibility section states those who already hold a Masters qualification will not be given a loan.
I have a qualification from Kings College, University of London MEng in Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems in 2001 which was a 4 year degree.
I would like you to check if this does not allow me to be eligible to apply for the loan because of it being a 4 year course and not a separate 1 year Masters degree.

Hi Neeshah,

An integrated master's is classed as an equivalent level qualification to the master's degree you're looking to study next, this unfortunately means you will not be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan.

Kind regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending