The Student Room Group

Not Eligible for Student Finance

I've been in the England for 5 years and 3 months, I have applied for the Finance support and Maintenance Loan and today (19/12/2018), I receive an email saying that I'm not eligible for Student Finance even though I'm in the middle of my course. What am I meant to do now??
Hi AD,

When did you arrive in the UK and when did your course start?

Regards,
Nihad
I arrived in uk in October 2013 and I started my course the 24th September 2018
Original post by AD. Westbrook
I arrived in uk in October 2013 and I started my course the 24th September 2018

Hello,

You are required to have 5 years residency in the UK prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course

A course which starts between the 1st of August and 31st of December, has an academic start date of the 1st of September.

Can you confirm your nationality? Are you, your parents or spouse currently employed?

Thanks, Lynsey.
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

You are required to have 5 years residency in the UK prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course

A course which starts between the 1st of August and 31st of December, has an academic start date of the 1st of September.

Can you confirm your nationality? Are you, your parents or spouse currently employed?

Thanks, Lynsey.

I'm Italian and my single parent is currently employed. Is it possible to change the application because I just want my tuition fees paid and not my mainteinance loan.
I'm Italian and my single parent is currently employed. Is it possible to change the application because I just want my tuition fees paid and not my mainteinance loan.

Hi there,

As an EU national who has been resident in the EU/UK for 3 years prior to the start of your course, you would be eligible for EU student finance which is Tuition fee Loan only.
To apply for this, you should complete an EU18N form which can be found here: http://ow.ly/28m930n5LkI

Thanks, Andy
Thanks for the help! Do I also need to resend every single form of evidence such as Passport, My parent's P60 and Address Timeline?
Thanks for the help! Do I also need to resend every single form of evidence such as Passport, My parent's P60 and Address Timeline?

Hi AD,

We will only need you to send one of these with your form:

EU / EEA Passport
or

EU / EEA National Identity Card

If you do not wish to send any of these then we can accept a certified copy. A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document which has been signed, stamped and dated by an official. This needs to be accompanied by a Certifier Checklist which you can download here: http://ow.ly/pB2u30lHbPC

Best wishes,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest