The Student Room Group

English Lit - A level help

Can anyone, who studies English Lit, and has studied EITHER: A Streetcar Named Desire, Frankenstein, A Handmaids Tale and Othello, preferably, help me and private message me? The "help" would include an essay I have written about a question, to which I'll include, and will involve you reading it and telling me on what areas I need to improve on and how I can improve further in order to achieve an A at A - Level, assuming you have decided to help me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by gtty123
Can anyone, who studies English Lit, and has studied EITHER: A Streetcar Named Desire, Frankenstein, A Handmaids Tale and Othello, preferably, help me and private message me? The "help" would include an essay I have written about a question, to which I'll include, and will involve you reading it and telling me on what areas I need to improve on and how I can improve further in order to achieve an A at A - Level, assuming you have decided to help me.

Arent you better off getting a tutor and investing in some decent revision books? You should also be looking at mark schemes to see where the marjs were allocated.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Arent you better off getting a tutor and investing in some decent revision books? You should also be looking at mark schemes to see where the marjs were allocated.

I understand however, I do have the books but they are not helpful as I think I'm right, when I write, yet also I've been told many times my sentences are not detailed enough, therefore leading me to ask my original question. Just out of interest, what books would you recommend?
Original post by gtty123
I understand however, I do have the books but they are not helpful as I think I'm right, when I write, yet also I've been told many times my sentences are not detailed enough, therefore leading me to ask my original question. Just out of interest, what books would you recommend?

Then you need a titor if you cant help yourself.
I would just scan through Amazon. Uts a while since I did mine, but its a balance between books on the text and any on actual A level literature.

You then just have to practice and use the mark schemes.

If you arent detailed enough then ask your teacher for an example, then practice questions but have unlimited time so you can put in the detail. Its then a case of speeding up and being more selective.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=english+literature+a+level

The first two look worth a shot.
Original post by gtty123

Hey

I currently do English Lit A-level and have studied Othello and The Handmaid's Tale,but not the other two. I'd be happy to help as I'd probably benefit from it as well. I guess we can help each other? Swap ideas/interpretations etc?

On the other hand, you could always give your essays to someone else in your class or your teacher and ask them for their opinion?
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Then you need a titor if you cant help yourself.
I would just scan through Amazon. Uts a while since I did mine, but its a balance between books on the text and any on actual A level literature.

You then just have to practice and use the mark schemes.

If you arent detailed enough then ask your teacher for an example, then practice questions but have unlimited time so you can put in the detail. Its then a case of speeding up and being more selective.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=english+literature+a+level

The first two look worth a shot.

Ok thank you for your help!
Reply 6
Original post by abspsychology19
Hey

I currently do English Lit A-level and have studied Othello and The Handmaid's Tale,but not the other two. I'd be happy to help as I'd probably benefit from it as well. I guess we can help each other? Swap ideas/interpretations etc?

On the other hand, you could always give your essays to someone else in your class or your teacher and ask them for their opinion?

What would be more beneficial in the long run?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending