The Student Room Group

Does any one know how university interviews work ?

I am just wondering why some universities call you in for a interview, what sort of stuff will they ask during the interview and will I be required to bring my gcse certicates as I am currently panicking as I don’t have my gcse certicates as I haven’t collected them from last year and I have spoke to my school about this issue.
You are unlikely to be asked to take certificates and you can explain the situation with no penalty if you are asked.

As to interviews, it varies a lot.

Some invite their best candidates for interview and give an offer to all who turn up.

Others treat interviews as if they were open days and just like to meet the candidate.

Others ask fairly meaningful questions and make offers to those they like.

Others don't interview at all.

Others, like Oxford and Cambridge, hold demanding interviews.
Interviews are also often subject dependent- many healthcare related subjects tend to require interviews
Reply 3
Do you think they are likely to ask for a interview for a subject like sociology with criminology which seems less popular than psychology or biology or any other science
Original post by Vish79
Do you think they are likely to ask for a interview for a subject like sociology with criminology which seems less popular than psychology or biology or any other science

I'd be guessing, so no.. These things vary by department within universities.
Original post by Vish79

Universities will generally state whether they interview applicants. If they don't state that they interview for your course under their "How to apply" (or similar) section, then they probably don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending