How does your salary progress during an ACA training contract with a firm (regions)?

Watch
oakroys
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've accepted an offer of a place on a mid-tier professional services firm's graduate programme. The offer is on the tax stream, and I'll be based in the regions (large city).

The first-year salary matches those on offer in the regional offices of the big 4, but I'd like to know how my salary is likely to progress as I go through the ACA. Will it rise in increments as I complete each stage of the qualification? If so, how much is it likely to increase by?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oakroys)
I've accepted an offer of a place on a mid-tier professional services firm's graduate programme. The offer is on the tax stream, and I'll be based in the regions (large city).

The first-year salary matches those on offer in the regional offices of the big 4, but I'd like to know how my salary is likely to progress as I go through the ACA. Will it rise in increments as I complete each stage of the qualification? If so, how much is it likely to increase by?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Typically increases each year normal expectation in comparison to your first year salary would be:

yr2 - +1-2k
yr3 - +5-7k
yr4 (newly qualified) + 8-12k
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Salary surveys are a good bet for this kind of info - a lot of them spread out salaries by region/firm type.
oakroys
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Well, I can answer my own question now!

Y1: £23,500

Y2: £26,500

Y3: £30,000
Kimlek
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A

(Original post by oakroys)
Well, I can answer my own question now!

Y1: £23,500

Y2: £26,500

Y3: £30,000
Are you a graduate?
oakroys
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kimlek)
A

Are you a graduate?
Yep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (223)
33.63%
No (440)
66.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed