Labour MP found guilty . Watch

Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JürgenKlopp)
why does that matter in the 21st century? its a bloody parking ticket, There have been other offences committed by many other MP's that are more important
You haven't remotely understood the story.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by the bear)
according to her Twitter page she is still "Labour's MP for Peterborough"

:hmmmm2:

https://twitter.com/fionaonasanyamp?lang=en
If she receives a gaol sentence of at least a year, even if suspended, she will be sacked as MP. If it is a lesser sentence then she can be deposed if 10% of her constituents ask for an election (though she can stand again in that case).

I don't expect her professional bodies will be lenient with a solicitor who perverts the course of justice,
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
If she receives a gaol sentence of at least a year, even if suspended, she will be sacked as MP. If it is a lesser sentence then she can be deposed if 10% of her constituents ask for an election (though she can stand again in that case).

I don't expect her professional bodies will be lenient with a solicitor who perverts the course of justice,
it is tragic that this lady has thrown away everything over such a trivial matter of a speeding ticket. she had been a great role model for ethnic people and the disabled ( she has MS ).
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The irony, of course, lies in her party’s chief whip describing her in court as ‘honest, trustworthy and reliable’.I'm not sure her lodger would describe her as reliable, nor that the jury thought her honest and trustworthy.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
it is tragic that this lady has thrown away everything over such a trivial matter of a speeding ticket. she had been a great role model for ethnic people and the disabled ( she has MS ).
Quite! But her brother seems to have a lot of form for this crime, so perhaps dishonesty is so deeply ingrained that the triviality of what they were seeking to escape was irrelevant to them. What would they have attempted to escape an important matter?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ms Onasanya's most recent "tweet" attacks Mrs May and says " after two years of negotiations, she has completely failed"

oh the irony.
JürgenKlopp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Tory Police Cuts
Record Food Banks Usage
Knife crime
That's the issue that harms people...
.A_C.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thread summary: If you support one of the opposition parties = It's okay. Tory = 'OH MY GOODNESS!'. Same thing with the 'stupid woman' comment.
Just my opinion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Johnny English)
It's a very serious offence . Good riddance .
She should never have been selected in the first place .
That's quotas for you. 😀
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
That's not her only disablement. She's crippled by a massive sense of entitlement.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
Similar to the Lib Dem Chris Huhne.

Just accept the speeding ticket and you'll get a minor bit of bad publicity in the tabloids for one day. Or lie and destroy your career.
This, I suspect she lied because she was too nervous to lose her position as MP, especially since she was only one 1 week into the job
looloo2134
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jonnielovely)
Govermnet always create some so called "Serious" offence which is used to threaten people. Dodging a speeding ticket is pretty vicitimless and do not affect you and me. I understand in current law it carries a possible life sentence. Honesty, it is a offence which create no joinder at all. In fact there are so many laws which is not important and to prosecute her or not do not possible affect anybody at all.
Speeding is not a victimless crime it only by luck that this selfish entailed woman did not kill someone.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by The RAR)
This, I suspect she lied because she was too nervous to lose her position as MP, especially since she was only one 1 week into the job
Nobody, literally nobody, has ever lost their membership of the house because of a speeding fine. Perverting the course of justice, on the other hand, means nobody will ever trust her again and that her post-MP fall-back of being a solicitor will be removed from her grasp.
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by .A_C.)
Thread summary: If you support one of the opposition parties = It's okay. Tory = 'OH MY GOODNESS!'. Same thing with the 'stupid woman' comment.
Inaccurate.

Thread summary: you cannot lie to the police and expect to be trusted with a position of responsibility.

The consequences of this have been perfectly appropriate, as they were for Chris Huhne.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It's not as if MPs don't know perjury is a serious offence, and it doesn't exclude Tories for that matter:
* Jeffrey Archer
* Jonathan Aitken
jonnielovely
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
Speeding is not a victimless crime it only by luck that this selfish entailed woman did not kill someone.
It is. Do you feel injured in anyway. I don’t feel it ? Do you?
begbie68
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jonnielovely)
It is. Do you feel injured in anyway. I don’t feel it ? Do you?
I agree. The lie which is the long running tag line of 'speed kills' has unfortunately entered the consciousness of the masses. Speed alone doesn't kill, otherwise there'd be thousands of deaths every day on the motorways as drivers accelerate to speeds in excess of 40mph.
However, as licensed roadusers, we sign up to the rules of the road which means that if we choose to drive at a speed over the prescribed limit, then we implicitly agree to take the consequences.
This woman stupidly attempted to lie and cheat her way out of a fine and some points. In doing so showed that she believes herself to be special. Different to the rest of us who either drive within the rules, or take the consequences.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Believe the Labour party has now sacked her .....she just needs stripping of her lawyer title and putting behind bars for a couple of years .....job done .
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
Similar to the Lib Dem Chris Huhne.

Just accept the speeding ticket and you'll get a minor bit of bad publicity in the tabloids for one day. Or lie and destroy your career.
Huhne's offence was from 2003; and he became an MP in 2005. The fact was only revealed in 2011-ish because his ex-wife, who took the points in 2003, was bitter and wanted to humble him. It is a bit different when it is a sitting MP, who is supposed to be "honourable".
begbie68
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Huhne's offence was from 2003; and he became an MP in 2005. The fact was only revealed in 2011-ish because his ex-wife, who took the points in 2003, was bitter and wanted to humble him. It is a bit different when it is a sitting MP, who is supposed to be "honourable".
Didn't she end up doing some time as well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.46%
Excited (93)
9.14%
Worried (191)
18.76%
Terrified (232)
22.79%
Meh (78)
7.66%
Confused (28)
2.75%