Report 6 months ago
Bad bad bad
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Chloev182
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I don’t do it much. My mom is suuuuper strict 😂😂 when I have gone out it was to a friends house then i slept over and she found out but I think she’s only caring about me. Wby ?
Gent2324
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
depends, if you think 25 year olds doing the same thing is accpetable then youre being unfair.
maturity isnt based on age
damnit1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
None of our business tbh
Tundra 3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
depends, if you think 25 year olds doing the same thing is accpetable then youre being unfair.
In what universe are 15 and 25 year olds remotely alike? 🙄 that’s a ten year age difference, mate
étudiant fatigué
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
My mum is bey strict and won’t let me drink which is fine but now whenever they go out they drink, and get so angry because I don’t
ihatespongebob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
My opinion is that it's their education they are screwing up.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Tundra 3)
In what universe are 15 and 25 year olds remotely alike? 🙄 that’s a ten year age difference, mate
so? people can be mature at 15, people can be immature at 25. its not fair to judge someones maturity purely based off their age
ihatespongebob
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by étudiant fatigué)
My mum is bey strict and won’t let me drink which is fine but now whenever they go out they drink, and get so angry because I don’t
What do you mean by 'going out' and getting drunk? It is illegal for under 18's to buy alcohol. No business that doesn't want to have their licence to sell alcohol taken away would sell to an under-18. You friends would have to have an adult buying them beer, wine, or cider for them with a meal.
ihatespongebob
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Well, it isn't illegal for 25 year olds to be purchasing alcohol like it is for a 15/16 year old.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ihatespongebob)
Well, it isn't illegal for 25 year olds to be purchasing alcohol like it is for a 15/16 year old.
i wasnt talking about the legality of it, but rather the maturity side. if you just care about whether its legal or not then obviously 15 year olds shouldnt.
étudiant fatigué
Rep:
?
Their parents buy them alcohol for their parties, but my parents are strict and don’t want me to go out to parties with alcohol
Tundra 3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
so? people can be mature at 15, people can be immature at 25. its not fair to judge someones maturity purely based off their age
I can somewhat agree with you on that, but the majority of 15 year olds aren’t going to be as mature/have the amount of life experiences as somebody in their mid twenties.
Maturity doesn’t really matter though as a 15 year old’s brain is still developing, no matter how ‘mature’ they are. And drinking alcohol CAN affect a child’s brain development.
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hardly unfair. It's acceptable for a 25 year old because it's legal, not acceptable for a 15/16 year old because it's not legal. Maturity isn't the only thing that factors into whether something is acceptable or not and in the real world, age is much easier to determine than maturity.

And while maturity isn't dependent on age, there is a general correlation with some causation. An extra 10 years of experience tends to make people more responsible and mature. On the whole, 25 year olds are going to be more mature than 15/16 year olds. Not in all cases but it's generally true.

But I think a bunch of Year 11s going out to get excessively drunk says it all about their maturity really.
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by étudiant fatigué)
My friends all do this but I don’t go
What’s ur opinion?
i didnt go out when i was in y11, even though I could. I thought i was too young. at least i didnt end up drunk and ****ing random chicks, so im glad i wasnt a party boy

in y12 i started and i enjoyed it.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Tundra 3)
I can somewhat agree with you on that, but the majority of 15 year olds aren’t going to be as mature/have the amount of life experiences as somebody in their mid twenties.
Maturity doesn’t really matter though as a 15 year old’s brain is still developing, no matter how ‘mature’ they are. And drinking alcohol CAN affect a child’s brain development.
drinking alcohol can kill you regardless, doesnt matter if youre a kid or an adult.
i agree with you that most 15 year olds arent mature, but its unfair to generalize all 15 year olds as not being very mature when they are definately 15 year olds that are very mature.
Purplebottle
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ihatespongebob)
What do you mean by 'going out' and getting drunk? It is illegal for under 18's to buy alcohol. No business that doesn't want to have their licence to sell alcohol taken away would sell to an under-18. You friends would have to have an adult buying them beer, wine, or cider for them with a meal.
Completely off topic but uno underage people can get alcohol really easily. Ask a random person on the street to step into the corner shop or something and buy a bottle of vodka or anything. Ask older friends/siblings to buy it. Or ask connections to get it for you.
étudiant fatigué
Rep:
?
I literally won’t be allowed to drink until after sixth form, what do u think about that, are my parents being unreasonable
ihatespongebob
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Purplebottle)
Completely off topic but uno underage people can get alcohol really easily. Ask a random person on the street to step into the corner shop or something and buy a bottle of vodka or anything. Ask older friends/siblings to buy it. Or ask connections to get it for you.
Doesn't change the fact that it is still illegal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (8)
13.56%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (4)
6.78%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (2)
3.39%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (9)
15.25%
Monster Munch (6)
10.17%
Pringles (12)
20.34%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (4)
6.78%
Walkers Beef and Onion (1)
1.69%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (13)
22.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise