Y1_UniMaths
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I’ve got the sky go app on my laptop which I use to watch football on. When I watch it on my computer everything is fine and the video is smooth. However when I plug in my hdmi cable to put it on the TV the picture is quite choppy and laggy. Why is this so? And can I fix it somehow? Usually whenever we use the hdmi cable the picture is fine so I don’t know why this isn’t working.
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Press Alt + F4
Y1_UniMaths
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Press Alt + F4
If you have nothing productive to say then please don’t say anything
damnit1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Put on a YouTube video and display it on your TV using a HDMI cable. If you still have choppy output the reason is probably your computer or HDMI cable
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Y12_FurtherMaths)
If you have nothing productive to say then please don’t say anything
Everything I say is productive, that's why I say it
Y1_UniMaths
Rep:
?
(Original post by damnit1)
Put on a YouTube video and display it on your TV using a HDMI cable. If you still have choppy output the reason is probably your computer or HDMI cable
Everything seems to be working fine which is why I’m confused. The sky go app works fine on my computer but then laggy when I use the hdmi cable but everything else works fine using the hdmi cable with no lag
damnit1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Everything seems to be working fine which is why I’m confused. The sky go app works fine on my computer but then laggy when I use the hdmi cable but everything else works fine using the hdmi cable with no lag
I am definitely not a Computer Expert but I think this is more of a software issue that cannot be fixed directly by you - but the developers of the app. If it's a smart TV I suggest you download the app on that but you probably would've if you had one
Y1_UniMaths
Rep:
?
(Original post by damnit1)
I am definitely not a Computer Expert but I think this is more of a software issue that cannot be fixed directly by you - but the developers of the app. If it's a smart TV I suggest you download the app on that but you probably would've if you had one
Ok no worries thanks
Y1_UniMaths
Rep:
?
Ok thank you
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok thank you
known issue. With the sky go app to prevent piracy.
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
According to sky its because its a secondary display port. Increasing the number of screens beyong the licence amount.
E.g this wouldnt happen on a desktop.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed