The Student Room Group

Blood In stool

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I am actually scared to go for one again as it might happen again. if it was just a one off do you think I should let it go

If it's a one-off I think you can let it go but call 111 or use NHS Choices. If it happens again, see a GP.
I am actually scared to go for one again as it might happen again. if it was just a one off do you think I should let it go

You shouldn’t be asking for advice here.
Ring 111 and ask them for advice. If they think you need to be seen, they will tell you.
Original post by Obolinda
If it's a one-off I think you can let it go but call 111 or use NHS Choices. If it happens again, see a GP.

ok. thank you I'm actually scared oof
Original post by Seamus123
You shouldn’t be asking for advice here.
Ring 111 and ask them for advice. If they think you need to be seen, they will tell you.

I am 13 tho
I am 13 tho

Doesn’t matter. Tell them you are 13. They may ask to speak to your parent.
Original post by Seamus123
Doesn’t matter. Tell them you are 13. They may ask to speak to your parent.

If it happens again I'm telling my mum. really don't want to call them by myself
Call 111 right now. They don't care about your age, because I've called them before. They'll ask you some questions like your name, date of birth and first line of address and postcode but they're there to help you. Even if it was just a one off you can never be too safe. Please just call 111. Any amount of blood in stool is not a good sign. It's unlikely to be anything that bad.

EDIT:
They most likely won't want to talk to a parent, but they may advise that they set up a GP appointment for you. You don't have a to go with a parent and GPs see worse things than that everyday.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by davwheat
Call 111 right now. They don't care about your age, because I've called them before. They'll ask you some questions like your name, date of birth and first line of address and postcode but they're there to help you. Even if it was just a one off you can never be too safe. Please just call 111. Any amount of blood in stool is not a good sign. It's unlikely to be anything that bad.

EDIT:
They most likely won't want to talk to a parent, but they may advise that they set up a GP appointment for you. You don't have a to go with a parent and GPs see worse things than that everyday.

my phone is cut off.... oof the contract ran out.. emergency calls only
Reply 28

Use a landline.

sounds like I'm making excuses.. I am not
it wasn't a small amount either.... I am only 13 and have been stupidly googling it and now I am convinced I have cancer. Do I need to go to A&E or book a doctor's appointment. my stomach also keeps rumbling help please I am shaking

Beetroot? Otherwise, see a Doctor.
Beetroot? Otherwise, see a Doctor.

haven't are beetroot. I'll tell my mum if it happens again
for all of you telling me to call 111, I checked my symptoms on the 111nhs online thing and it said see a doctor today or tomorrow. imma tell my parents if it happens again but if it doesn't I will tell my parents anyway. should I get an appointment if it was only once?
Yes, to be on the safe side.

It might be something serious or it might be just a one-off, but see a doctor or call 111.
(edited 5 years ago)
Do you have constipation? Then it could just probably be a small cut in your anal opening caused by the hard stool.
Go to a GP which can give you a proper diagnosis but it's probably nothing serious
Hello OP.
Was it bright red blood (normal blood colour) or a dark, coffee-grounds looking blood? If its red, its fresh which means a small tear VERY low down in your bowels (usually around your anal sphincter) and is nothing to worry about. If it looked like dried blood or ground coffee then it's something further up your digestive tract and you should get medical assistance - dialling 111 is a good shout if it's dark blood.
I'm honestly scared to tell my mum because it's embarrassing af.. how do I tell her

Was the blood fresh? Call 111, you don't have to tell your Mom if you go to a GP.
I’ve had lots of blood in my stools and it’s where I tore my anus by 1. Wiping to hard and 2. Having a large stool. If it’s bright red blood and it hurts to poo then there’s nothing to worry about but if it keeps happening then you need to go to the doctors so then can prescribe you something to stop your anus from tearing.However if it’s dark blood and like coffee granules it’s seen as more serious.If in doubt call 111.Only call 999 if your in significant pain or if your anus won’t stop bleeding :smile:
Original post by NotNotBatman
No it isn't; the same thing happened to me; this is what I did ten years ago and I was diagnosed with a chronic disease. I was repeatedly told by the doctors that it was good that I came to the emergency department. It's recommended on the NHS website to go to A&E if there is a lot of blood.

They were saying it was weird advice to say “It’s best to go to A&E” but also to wait until the morning. Those two things contradict each other. It’s either an emergency or it isn’t.
Agree with some of the posts above- it’s more than likely due to constipation, and putting pressure on your bowel has caused a tear; or it could be haemorrhoids. Just keep drinking lots of water and foods high in fibre. Also go and get it checked by the gp to make sure it’s nothing serious.

Quick Reply

Latest