bobbat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I dont know what I’m doing wrong I know alevels are hard but I’m working so hard and it’s just all going horrible right now on a D for English C for sociology and a E for spanish it was not like that at the beginning but with every single mock my grades deteriorate and I have problem with structure and I’m really trying to fix that. Please tell me something that I have heard already!!!! I need to swimmmm!!
studyr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do practice papers and essay!!! Make your teachers mark them and give you feedback also be honest with yourself! Are you really actively revising or nah ?
hstudies
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know if you do this, but for Sociology AQA we use the structure of PERC, maybe look it up but it really works. I hope you succeed, but don't overwork yourself (it gets nasty if you do :/) Learn theorists too x
bobbat
Rep:
?
(Original post by studyr)
Do practice papers and essay!!! Make your teachers mark them and give you feedback also be honest with yourself! Are you really actively revising or nah ?
So when I do practice questions for English I’m getting 18/16s out of 25 and I thought in this mock I was really gonna get the same I know when I come back in January we’ll go over everything but right now it really seems impossible.

Sociology is a whole new story the way my new teacher marks is totally different to my old one.

Spanish there’s not a lot to go on but Don’t worry I already have that In mind and have been doing it.

Thankyouu
studyr
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bobbat)
So when I do practice questions for English I’m getting 18/16s out of 25 and I thought in this mock I was really gonna get the same I know when I come back in January we’ll go over everything but right now it really seems impossible.

Sociology is a whole new story the way my new teacher marks is totally different to my old one.

Spanish there’s not a lot to go on but Don’t worry I already have that In mind and have been doing it.

Thankyouu
I'm a whole month late :/ sorry! Can I ask what exam board you're doing for sociology? If you're doing OCR then I can always help . I get what you mean mocks are daunting and it may be other factors that stopped you from getting the mark you wanted, you should really try and think about what it is that could be that prevention ? is it exam technique, is it the pressure or stress of the exam or is it time management? I am always here to help ! Good Luck
bobbat
Rep:
?
(Original post by studyr)
I'm a whole month late :/ sorry! Can I ask what exam board you're doing for sociology? If you're doing OCR then I can always help . I get what you mean mocks are daunting and it may be other factors that stopped you from getting the mark you wanted, you should really try and think about what it is that could be that prevention ? is it exam technique, is it the pressure or stress of the exam or is it time management? I am always here to help ! Good Luck
Sadly it’s Aqa. It’s not time it literally my exam technique I think for sociology there’s gaps in my knowledge which is completely understandable considering how much content we have. But when I was writing this it was so bad. I have faith. Thankyou if you could help me in anyway. Everyone’s been super helpful.
studyr
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bobbat)
Sadly it’s Aqa. It’s not time it literally my exam technique I think for sociology there’s gaps in my knowledge which is completely understandable considering how much content we have. But when I was writing this it was so bad. I have faith. Thankyou if you could help me in anyway. Everyone’s been super helpful.
Have you checked the specification of the course? Idk if ocr and aqa are simillar but i often check mark schemes before answering questions. I find it more useful to understand what the examiner wants and how to gain top marks or top band. Check mark schemes and examiner reports to have a wider insight on what the examiner wants to see. Also, speak to your teacher about structure. Certain mark questions have a structure such as with ocr we have a 16 mark evaluate qs where we have to have more views against than for the view which was challenging in the beginning for many of us but we got there in the end . Ahh also do try to do a quick plan before answering questions with most marks because it helps you to organise your knwoledge! Remember a few minutes to plan is better than going blank for 10 mins during the exam. Finally don't lose faith! I hated history at AS and failed pretty much all of my mocks but with practice and determination I ended up with a B at AS from E's in my mocks :-)

Here is the link I found on example questions for AQA A-level sociology https://www.tutor2u.net/sociology/co...xample-answers
studyr
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also tutor2u is useful for revision and filling in the gaps withing your knowlegde!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (38)
5.81%
Uncertainty around my education (77)
11.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
11.01%
Lack of purpose or motivation (83)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (37)
5.66%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (37)
5.66%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (70)
10.7%
Financial worries (41)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (26)
3.98%
Exposure to negative news/social media (39)
5.96%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (19)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (63)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (52)
7.95%

Watched Threads