I want to go into Forensic Psychology. What do I need???

Watch this thread
hchadwick
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
I’ve been looking into Forensic Psychology for years and now it’s coming up to the time where I need to make my decisions on what subjects to choose. I though:
•Psychology
•Criminology
•Sociology
•Philosophy with Human Rights (Just an extra)

My careers advisor thought it would be a good idea to take Psychoanalytic Studies as a Ma but I’m not so sure.
I took Psychology, Sociology, Biology and English Language at A-level.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by hchadwick; 3 years ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
When you say subjects to choose from, I guess you mean for a degree? You need to do a psychology undergraduate degree (or conversion course) to be able to apply for the forensic psychology masters/doctorate
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Psychology.
Criminalis
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Any BPS accredited degree, so it can be Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Psychology with Criminology etc.

Check the BPS website to see if a course is accredited.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (64)
27.83%
As I expected (71)
30.87%
Harder (87)
37.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.48%

Watched Threads