I am a muslim girl and this guy kissed me??

Watch
Poll: Should i report it or leave it?
Report him (5)
45.45%
Leave it (6)
54.55%
Maha56
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
the class was over and everyone left except me and him, i was about to go out of the classroom but i heard him say '' hey'' (more like a whimper) , i stopped and looked at him then he got all nervous blushing acting crazy kept looking on the ground and then looking at my face, then got closer and wanted to utter some words but instead he gave me a quick peck on the lips and i punched him then left. i was so shocked/mad.

now i keep thinking about what happened and whether to report him to school that he kissed me without a permission, but there is something else in my mind:

you see this guy has a sad past/life, i know his story because he used to live in the same neighbor. his father killed himself, his mother is not that of a good mother and he tried to kill himself multiple times, he apparently has anxiety. he was never that well in school, he used to smoke and make troubles but he seems to have changed a lot and trying his best . his grades got better.

i keep thinking what if he likes me and did that because he is suffering from anxiety and didnt know what to do? i saw from his reaction that he never meant to kiss me but whenever he tried to talk words couldnt get out of his mouth.

is it maybe that his body reacted that way because of him being too scared? or am i being too nice?

btw way we are both 15.
username2524473
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah don't make excuses for him. If you felt uncomfortable this was sexual assault and he had no right to. Report him and maybe he'll get help he needs.
JürgenKlopp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You do what's best for you. Couldn't you move yourself backwards and told him to go away?. You should just speak to him or tell a teacher about it.
LandoCruz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i guess ina sense he shouldnt have kissed you but in the end it matters of what you think about it sure it was wrong but what do you make of it maybe he does like you and the kiss was from his thoughts that he couldnt express but none of that truly matters its just what you make of it
Maha56
Rep:
?
(Original post by JürgenKlopp)
You do what's best for you. Couldn't you move yourself backwards and told him to go away?. You should just speak to him or tell a teacher about it.
Couldn't you move yourself backwards and told him to go away?
i wasnt expecting it at all, everything happened so quickly.
Maha56
Rep:
?
(Original post by punkdilla)
Nah don't make excuses for him. If you felt uncomfortable this was sexual assault and he had no right to. Report him and maybe he'll get help he needs.
even though i am not related to him but i am scared if i report it he will get expelled . wait, do i have to be worried about that as a stranger ? 🤷
username2524473
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Maha56)
even though i am not related to him but i am scared if i report it he will get expelled . wait, do i have to be worried about that as a stranger ? 🤷
If he gets expelled that's his problem. He has to learn that this behaviour is not acceptable and if he is not reported he may do it to other girls.
Xodrama.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Couldn't you move yourself backwards and told him to go away?
i wasnt expecting it at all, everything happened so quickly.
What's done is done. No point looking back. You can either leave it and try to forgive and hope the punch taught him a lesson. Or report his actions and see to it that he gets help. But either way his traumatising past has clearly stunted his social skills. And will hinder his chances of being in a relationship in the future.
damnit1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does your religion affect how you view the situation?
Cubcub99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You punched him i don't think he'll be trying again in a hurry. he's probs learnt his lesson. don't report him it was only a small peck at the end of the day it's not like he groped or raped you put it in perspective.
Maha56
Rep:
?
(Original post by damnit1)
Does your religion affect how you view the situation?
good question but after thinking about it i dont know. i just felt the need to say ''i am muslim'' maybe because muslims aren't allowed to kiss, even if it's a small peck (before marriage) but its not like i sinned ( i didnt not want it). i am more concerned that it was my first kiss.
Last edited by Maha56; 1 year ago
Maha56
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xodrama.)
What's done is done. No point looking back. You can either leave it and try to forgive and hope the punch taught him a lesson. Or report his actions and see to it that he gets help. But either way his traumatising past has clearly stunted his social skills. And will hinder his chances of being in a relationship in the future.
i know i should either report him or ignore it. i really hate how indecisive i am
phat-chewbacca
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by punkdilla)
Do you really think the OP should report him, to be honest it might not help the situation given he's mitigating circumstances. For me I feel the OP should not have punched him and reported him immediately after the incident took place.
Kyle331
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by phat-chewbacca)
Do you really think the OP should report him, to be honest it might not help the situation given he's mitigating circumstances. For me I feel the OP should not have punched him and reported him immediately after the incident took place.
I know we should view this as a form of sexual assault and that we shouldn’t make excuses and exceptions but I don’t think she should report him but pull him to the side and talk to him about his actions
phat-chewbacca
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
good question but after thinking about it i dont know. i just felt the need to say ''i am muslim'' maybe because muslims aren't allowed to kiss, even if it's a small peck but its not like i sinned ( i didnt not want it). i am more concerned that it was my first kiss.
Islam probably wouldn't even accept a first kiss.
Maha56
Rep:
?
that is your opinion
phat-chewbacca
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
that is your opinion
I thought your first kiss can only take place once you are married in Islam?
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the class was over and everyone left except me and him, i was about to go out of the classroom but i heard him say '' hey'' (more like a whimper) , i stopped and looked at him then he got all nervous blushing acting crazy kept looking on the ground and then looking at my face, then got closer and wanted to utter some words but instead he gave me a quick peck on the lips and i punched him then left. i was so shocked/mad.

now i keep thinking about what happened and whether to report him to school that he kissed me without a permission, but there is something else in my mind:

you see this guy has a sad past/life, i know his story because he used to live in the same neighbor. his father killed himself, his mother is not that of a good mother and he tried to kill himself multiple times, he apparently has anxiety. he was never that well in school, he used to smoke and make troubles but he seems to have changed a lot and trying his best . his grades got better.

i keep thinking what if he likes me and did that because he is suffering from anxiety and didnt know what to do? i saw from his reaction that he never meant to kiss me but whenever he tried to talk words couldnt get out of his mouth.

is it maybe that his body reacted that way because of him being too scared? or am i being too nice?

btw way we are both 15.
Aw if you're worried about this being your first kiss, don't be I really wouldn't count it as your first. Your reaction to the situation is justifiable, growing up as a Muslim girl, a kiss from a guy at school is the last thing you'd expect.

Personally, I wouldn't report him. I'm sure he's going through enough as it is and you mentioned that you could tell he never meant to kiss you, he probably feels guilty. If he does approach you again at school, have a chat with him because I'm guessing he'll be wanting to apologise. If you feel uncomfortable maybe stay somewhere with others in the room.
Last edited by Dunya; 1 year ago
Maha56
Rep:
?
Well it clearly isn't, I thought your first kiss can only take place once you are married in Islam?
yes that is what i meant, i will do it when i get married, not know.

you said:

in other words you said ''in islam you wouldnt even be able to kiss'', that is what you meant, right? when we get married we will have our first kiss till the last kiss
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hijabi's are everywhere in 2018. This Dunya (world) is ****ed.
Tbh 5 years back there were more Hijabis, nowadays its the opposite.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed