Surge and Rapid response team offer Watch

Starburstx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I have recently applied for a position on the Surge and Rapid response team in Leeds, I went to the interview and received a provisional offer, I was just wondering if anyone knew how long the pre-employment checks take to complete? And also if anyone had any insight on what the job was like and the day to day duties?
Last edited by Starburstx; 1 month ago
dtay46
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Starburstx)
Hi everyone, I have recently applied for a position on the Surge and Rapid response team in Leeds, I went to the interview and received a provisional offer, I was just wondering if anyone knew how long the pre-employment checks take to complete? And also if anyone had any insight on what the job was like and the day to day duties?
Hi when did you receive your offer? I got mines on the 11th of December after interviewing in Cumbernauld and still haven’t heard back about my pre employment checks ☹️
Starburstx
Rep:
?
(Original post by dtay46)
Hi when did you receive your offer? I got mines on the 11th of December after interviewing in Cumbernauld and still haven’t heard back about my pre employment checks ☹️
Hi, I also received my offer on the 11th December, it feels like its taking forever for these checks to be completed! i am literally checking my emails constantly. I will let you know if anything changes
dtay46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I also received my offer on the 11th December, it feels like its taking forever for these checks to be completed! i am literally checking my emails constantly. I will let you know if anything changes
What are the chances of that! I know it’s so nerve wrecking, like you want to be excited about getting the offer but it’s not officially yours yet 🙈 do you think we will find out this week?
Also, hope you had a good Christmas!
Melbel37
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I also received an offer on the 11/12.
Currently work for the civil service right now though and from what I remember the checks can just take awhile I’m afraid
The minimum amount of time is probably 4 weeks
Starburstx
Rep:
?
What are the chances of that! I know it’s so nerve wrecking, like you want to be excited about getting the offer but it’s not officially yours yet 🙈 do you think we will find out this week?
Also, hope you had a good Christmas!
I know!! like I want to tell everyone but not until I sign on the dotted line :rolleyes: I hope we do, I just really wanna find out asap now. And yeah my Christmas was great!! how was yours?
Starburstx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Melbel37)
Hey I also received an offer on the 11/12.
Currently work for the civil service right now though and from what I remember the checks can just take awhile I’m afraid
The minimum amount of time is probably 4 weeks
Thanks so much for replying, its good to know what sort of time frame to expect. 4 weeks seems like such a long time but I guess it will be worth it in the end
ks3005
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I also recieved my provisional offer on the 11th, also interviewed in Cumbernauld. Have you had any update whatsoever regarding your checks yet?
dtay46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ks3005)
Hey, I also recieved my provisional offer on the 11th, also interviewed in Cumbernauld. Have you had any update whatsoever regarding your checks yet?
Nah I’ve not had any news as of right now. When did you have an interview ?
Melbel37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I had a “sort of” update today, got my disclosure through in the post
Hoping that means not too long till I actually hear back from Hmrc
dtay46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I had a “sort of” update today, got my disclosure through in the post
Hoping that means not too long till I actually hear back from Hmrc
Ooooh that’s brilliant, have you to fill it out and send it back or has it already been done ?
ks3005
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah I’ve not had any news as of right now. When did you have an interview ?
My interview was on the 19th of November
dtay46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My interview was on the 19th of November
Mines was on the 26th... did you get told when you would be starting in the interview ?
ks3005
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mines was on the 26th... did you get told when you would be starting in the interview ?
I did ask if i was offered a position, when would the start date likely be, I was told it would be around end of Jan/start of Feb
dtay46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did ask if i was offered a position, when would the start date likely be, I was told it would be around end of Jan/start of Feb
Hopefully, feeling so impatient about it
Melbel37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ooooh that’s brilliant, have you to fill it out and send it back or has it already been done ?
No it’s all been completed, so I’m assuming a copy has been sent to Hmrc too
dtay46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi so I got an email response from HR regarding my application. They emailed me saying “pre-employment checks commence once the right to work checks have been sufficed and take at least 17 working days.” and my right to work checks were done on the 22nd so hopefully not going to be waiting too long now.
Melbel37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I got an email today asking for two personal referees, anyone else received that? Atleast this means things are being looked at. Don’t mind the waiting , just want to know a start date really so I can hand in my notice
Starburstx
Rep:
?
So I got an email today asking for two personal referees, anyone else received that? Atleast this means things are being looked at. Don’t mind the waiting , just want to know a start date really so I can hand in my notice
nope, still haven't received anything as of yet I hope we find out soon though because like you said I just want to know when my start date will be
dtay46
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nope, still haven't received anything as of yet I hope we find out soon though because like you said I just want to know when my start date will be
If it makes you feel any better I haven’t heard anything either... starting to feel sick with the anxiety to be honest 😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.04%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.91%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.73%
No, I chose not to (226)
27.53%