How to l get a medicine scholarship for international students in the Uk

Watch
tadi2wae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. I’m currently doing lower six..Biology ,Chemistry and Pure Mathematics..is it possible for me to get a scholarship for international students in medicine
hslakaal
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
a) generally speaking, no.

b) depends on your circumstances. Sounds like you are either attending school in the UK or am attending an international school abroad. These for foreigners usually mean you are from a relatively well-off household (even if you are not, unfortunately you would be for most scholarship schemes offered by most countries/companies). You need to look at your own country's governments' offerings and/or private companies' schemes. Both of which are usually really rare.

c) some universities will offer scholarships to outstanding international students. This is again, very situation specific. You have to look them up yourself.
username4236092
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oxford offers very generous bursaries to international students. It's very competitive though. You have to be best of the best. So depends on your grades you can apply.
tadi2wae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okaay thank you very much and Merry Xmas
Youngstein
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are they discounts for international students,And are they scholarship programs
Youngstein
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can you show me the scholarship programs
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Youngstein)
Can you show me the scholarship programs
...some universities will offer scholarships to outstanding international students. This is again, very situation specific. You have to look them up yourself.
It's very rare, and only offered in exceptional circumstances. Think < 10 per year in large Unis for all subjects, for all countries.

International studying is a privilege and not a right. Therefore it is usually unattainably expensive for many.
Last edited by ecolier; 2 years ago
Youngstein
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks would do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.44%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.56%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.22%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.44%

Watched Threads