Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hopeful teacher OnlineSecond degree funding

• follow
  • 35m ago
ReportHi
I hold a BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies and a PGCE in Primary teaching. I am looking to complete a second degree with Open University BA (Hons) Psychology.

Are you able to advise whether I will be eligible for the 2nd degree funding for this degree? Or more so, are you able to provide a list of degrees that are accepted from Open uni under the second degree funding.

Hope I've made sense.
Lynsey SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by hopeful teacher)
hopeful teacher OnlineSecond degree funding

[ul]
[li] follow[/li]
[li]35m ago[/li]
[/ul]
ReportHi
I hold a BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies and a PGCE in Primary teaching. I am looking to complete a second degree with Open University BA (Hons) Psychology.

Are you able to advise whether I will be eligible for the 2nd degree funding for this degree? Or more so, are you able to provide a list of degrees that are accepted from Open uni under the second degree funding.

Hope I've made sense.
Hello,

Can you provide me with the exact course details for the Open University course you are looking to complete?

We are unable to provide a list of STEM courses for the Open University; you would need to speak with them regarding a list.

Thanks, Lynsey.
hopeful teacher
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Lynsey SFE)
Hello,

Can you provide me with the exact course details for the Open University course you are looking to complete?

We are unable to provide a list of STEM courses for the Open University; you would need to speak with them regarding a list.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Hi Lynsey

BA (HONS) Psychology
Course code: Q07

BA (HONS) Psychology with counselling Course
Course code: Q84

BA (HONS) Social Sciences (Criminology)
Course code: R23

Above are the courses which I am considering to study. Are you able to provide the course codes which are eligible for the funding?

Thanks.
Lynsey SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by hopeful teacher)
Hi Lynsey

BA (HONS) Psychology

Above are the courses which I am considering to study. Are you able to provide the course codes which are eligible for the funding?

Thanks.
Hello,

BA (HONS) Psychology,

The above courses are deemed as Part Time Exception courses. Open University students are eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan only. However, new students who are studying a Distance Learning course due to a disability will be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan (PTML). We would require the following evidence to determine if you would be eligible to the PTML:

• Medical evidence from your GP or Consultant confirming your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university, as well as physically attending.
• Evidence that you have had discussions with multiple universities about the facilities available, accessibility and why the universities cannot accommodate your requirements. This could be in the form of emails/correspondence between you and the universities.

The following course is not deemed an exception course.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (62)
15.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.63%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.49%

Watched Threads