The Student Room Group

I am 15 and engaged AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Humble Ahm
What would happen if you register your marriage?

i mean imagine i registered it, then ended up wanting a divorce (after a lot of years of course), i would have to get divorced both islamically and legally that is so tiring, also i just dont want to get involved with all the law and court. i find it easier to not register it.
Original post by Maha56
i mean imagine i registered it, then ended up wanting a divorce (after a lot of years of course), i would have to get divorced both islamically and legally that is so tiring, also i just dont want to get involved with all the law and court. i find it easier to not register it.

If you truly believe this marriage is a good idea, and that you wont divorce, you would register it- why be afraid of a divorce that's not going to happen? The only person to be disadvantaged if you don't register your marriage is you. And your future children
I hope you know what you were getting yourself in for, making a post like this on TSR. Try and ignore the imbeciles...
Reply 63
Loooollllll 😂 Let the girl do what she wants. Good on you for finding a man, and you are willing to go through with things Islamically and not in a haram way 😊
Reply 64
Original post by The Memory Cell
I don't know if im allowed to type in this thread in arabic so is it okak to drop you a pm?

yeah its ok
Reply 65
Original post by Poooky
If you truly believe this marriage is a good idea, and that you wont divorce, you would register it- why be afraid of a divorce that's not going to happen? The only person to be disadvantaged if you don't register your marriage is you. And your future children

hmm i can understand it can be a disadvantage for the children but me?
do you like him?
The main question is
Is he a fittie?
Reply 68
Original post by punkdilla
do you like him?

yes:blush:
Reply 69
why so early?
where will you live after marriage?
are you going to carry on studying after marriage or will you settle down and start a family straightaway?
Reply 70
first AMA-worthy thread i've seen in a while tbh
Original post by Maha56
I want to be at least 21 to have kids

Why would you want to sign your life away so early? All your friends will be out having fun whilst you will be beside a toilet, puking, thanks to the morning sickness and changing nappies.
Original post by Allie4
why so early?
are you going to carry on studying after marriage or will you settle down and start a family straightaway?

OP thinks she's in a Jane Austen novel where being 24 and unmarried means you're a spinster.
Original post by Maha56
hmm i can understand it can be a disadvantage for the children but me?

Marriage affords you certain protections in case of divorce, or death of a partner etc
Reply 74
Original post by ihatespongebob
OP thinks she's in a Jane Austen novel where being 24 and unmarried means you're a spinster.

lol no lmao
Reply 75
Original post by 6573282
first AMA-worthy thread i've seen in a while tbh

oooh thanks :colondollar:
Reply 76
Original post by Allie4
why so early?

why so early?
its like dating. people this days start dating at 13-16. i dont see much difference between this and dating

will buy an apartment

of course i will carry on studying. if you start to live with your boyfriend will you stop studying? there is no difference between that and this
Original post by Maha56
yes:blush:

well good luck with your marriage!
Reply 78
Original post by ihatespongebob
Why would you want to sign your life away so early? All your friends will be out having fun whilst you will be beside a toilet, puking, thanks to the morning sickness and changing nappies.

uhm i love babies. also i want to have 1 kid in every 4-6 years. i said i should at least be 21 means i dont want kids before 21 and after 21 i will think if i want to

oh btw i want to have 4 kids
(edited 5 years ago)
how can you afford to buy an apartment (or even an engagement ring for that sake)? personally I'm 18 and been with my partner 5 years last October, but us dating and living together is completely different to planning on getting married. it's just not necessary to get married quick or buy homes quickly

Quick Reply

Latest