Units in WJEC History GCSE???

Watch this thread
.Elizabeth.
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am in taking History for GCSE and I am in year 11 at the moment. However, I am starting to panic about the amount I have to learn.

In year 10 I completed 1920's America, and in Year 11 - so far- i have completed the unit on the Elizabethan Age and a controlled assessment on London.

I have just found out that not only do i have another controlled assessment but another full topic on Medicine. But i dont understand how i am meant to not only learn this but revise it and take an exam for it in the next 3-4 months (which is how long i have left in year 11). Especially when usually a topic takes us about a year to learn and a controlled assessment takes about a month.

So my question is:
Do i have to take an exam for medicine (WJEC) and is a full topic?
Has anyone else taken this course and has advice for the workload???
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by .Elizabeth.)
I am in taking History for GCSE and I am in year 11 at the moment. However, I am starting to panic about the amount I have to learn.

In year 10 I completed 1920's America, and in Year 11 - so far- i have completed the unit on the Elizabethan Age and a controlled assessment on London.

I have just found out that not only do i have another controlled assessment but another full topic on Medicine. But i dont understand how i am meant to not only learn this but revise it and take an exam for it in the next 3-4 months (which is how long i have left in year 11). Especially when usually a topic takes us about a year to learn and a controlled assessment takes about a month.

So my question is:
Do i have to take an exam for medicine (WJEC) and is a full topic?
Has anyone else taken this course and has advice for the workload???
There are 3 modules for 3x written exams and 1x nea.

You can see them from here on p4.

https://www.wjec.co.uk/wjec-gcse-his...rom-2017-e.pdf

I dont think you have another controlled assessment. I do think you should have completed two modules in year 10.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Moved to history study help

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (97)
67.83%
No (31)
21.68%
I didn't use it to prepare (15)
10.49%

Watched Threads