Miracles don’t exist Watch

username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Everyday I see people claiming otherwise, they see things that they can’t explain and automatically assume it’s a miracle, specifically with so called medical miracles where a patients tumuor randomly disappears, or when a heart pumps when there’s no hope left, that’s not a miracle, there’s a scientific explanation behind it, an explanation we don’t know, yet.

Miracles are an invention to make human beings sugar coated to the fact that sometimes there really is no hope.
Afforestation
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
Everyday I see people claiming otherwise, they see things that they can’t explain and automatically assume it’s a miracle, specifically with so called medical miracles where a patients tumuor randomly disappears, or when a heart pumps when there’s no hope left, that’s not a miracle, there’s a scientific explanation behind it, an explanation we don’t know, yet.

Miracles are an invention to make human beings sugar coated to the fact that sometimes there really is no hope.
Why believe in science and proven information when you can believe in a magical sky fairy that makes everything ok and that there's somewhere nice after you die?
username3444162
Rep:
?
(Original post by Afforestation)
Why believe in science and proven information when you can believe in a magical sky fairy that makes everything ok and that there's somewhere nice after you die?
Yh tell me about it
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Afforestation)
better yet you could take those ideas from a random book written a couple thousand years ago!
Afforestation
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
better yet you could take those ideas from a random book written a couple thousand years ago!
By a bunch of random people with varying levels of education!
username3444162
Rep:
?
It shocks me how people still believe in this nonesense, a stick split the sea in half to save slaves working for Rameses II, tell me, where were these ‘miracles’ during the holocaust, guess God took a nap on that one
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
This is an everyday issue?
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

Whatever makes people more comfortable, is fine. There are times where I wish I could believe in God or in miracles - It makes the reality of death with nothing beyond it less, consuming.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

I believe they just call it a miracle. They know its not something that has just happened for no reason. Most people call it a miracle as they don't know what else to call it. It's like luck. They are just hypothesis that we can't prove yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (489)
58.99%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.48%

Watched Threads