The Student Room Group

ucas extra/ clearing

not pleased with the degree course I have applied to. Regret it. Already on a gap year so can't take another one. Have good grades so want to go to a russell group. Still not sure about what course I want to do. But it isn't the one I've applied to at the moment. What's the chances of finding chemical engineering/ finance/ economics at bristol/ manchester/ nottingham/ leeds in clearing or UCAS extra? I won't leave it until August results but maybe look in the spring time?
Original post by Anonymous
not pleased with the degree course I have applied to. Regret it. Already on a gap year so can't take another one. Have good grades so want to go to a russell group. Still not sure about what course I want to do. But it isn't the one I've applied to at the moment. What's the chances of finding chemical engineering/ finance/ economics at bristol/ manchester/ nottingham/ leeds in clearing or UCAS extra? I won't leave it until August results but maybe look in the spring time?

I know this isn't what you want to hear but if you are still undecided between chemical engineering, finance and economics then you really shouldn't be rushing into a decision. Just because you're on a gap year doesn't mean you can't have another one. Something like http://www.etrust.org.uk/year-industry/vacancies in a chem eng and/or management role could be really helpful in helping you work out what to study (as well as earning good money)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending