The Student Room Group

Reaching for the stars (GYG)

FYTGHJK.PNG
Hi, I'm Vanessa and I will be taking my gcse exams in 2019.:redface: I decided to make a gyg so that I can look back at my journey and help others who have are taking gcse's after me. I am an aspiring doctor and am that i get the right GCSE's in order to become one. I want to be either a pedeatric gastroenterologist or a dietitian.
December 20th, just finished my gcse mock exams... And uhmm.. lets just say i didn't revise enough. Life is hard at the moment, i feel that everyone feels loads of pressure on them and there is a lot of stress, I find the following revision tips that my GREAT teacher Mrs Dorton told me very useful to help me:
Revise a lot now so that you don't have to worry much when it comes to your real exams.

Also make a revison timetable now! And make sure there are regular breaks in between the subjects so that you can rest your brain.

And Practice..Practice..Practice!!!! - exam papers

These are the subjects i'm taking- The emojis represent my confidence in them:

Spoiler

Make sure to stick around: ps: Future posts will be better than this one...
Reply 1
Lol biology 😡 same here. Tho I did mine already... Best of luck!
(Those are some pretty damn good predicted grades)
Reply 2
A7E2DE26-B169-4A90-97A7-0D2B425866C1.jpg.jpeg

Last day of school 🎄🎉🎉 - 21.12.2018
Can’t wait for Christmas, however after the day of Christmas (26th). I am going back to revising! This is a tip I have heard from many former yr11s. If you are behind in any of your subjects this is time for you to improve. The next few months will go so fast, so you will need all the time you need.
Don’t think that you don’t have to revise if you are doing better than your friends, because you are competing with the whole country and you don’t know the levels of others, everyone can improve. (My neighbour went from getting a 2 in her year 11 mock in school to getting a 8 at GCSE)
Also make sure you also enjoy your holidays and don’t let stress control you! x
Thanks for reading - next post on the 26th after my little 5 day holiday.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending