The Student Room Group

Overseas Income Assessment - Proof of Financial Support

Hi
I am currently studying for a masters course overseas, having graduated this past summer. The evidence info sheet sent in the letter to update my details states
'in further study
send us a letter from your place of study confirming your attendance for the current academic year or
have your third party complete the Third Party Declaration form. If they pay money into your account you need to send evidence of this, for example, copies of your bank statements dated within the last three months. The bank statement must show your name and the funds you're living from'

I provided a letter from my place of study but I received a reply saying "
Thank you for returning your Overseas Assessment Form advising that you are in further study but we have not received sufficient evidence of how you are being supported financially. Please return the evidence of your current means of support, e.g. Signed and dated letter from a 3rd party confirming financial support, a bank statement (with full name and address and dated within the last 3 months) if living off savings. "

As the info sheet says specifically 'or' why do I need to provide this? And how do I provide evidence from third party support if I am living with a partner and do not get an 'allowance' into my bank account. I have read from other posts on here that a signed declaration is not enough and you are now demanding bank statements.

The online form also has a different third party declaration form which states 'If you don’t live with the third party they must complete the declaration and you must send us bank
statements covering the last 3 months showing any payments you’ve received from them. If you haven’t received any payments from them send any other relevant evidence to show how they supported you.'

What is relevant evidence if you don't have any formal paperwork and use cash from your partner?

Thanks
Original post by vickyvoo2
Hi
I am currently studying for a masters course overseas, having graduated this past summer. The evidence info sheet sent in the letter to update my details states
'in further study
send us a letter from your place of study confirming your attendance for the current academic year or
have your third party complete the Third Party Declaration form. If they pay money into your account you need to send evidence of this, for example, copies of your bank statements dated within the last three months. The bank statement must show your name and the funds you're living from'

I provided a letter from my place of study but I received a reply saying "
Thank you for returning your Overseas Assessment Form advising that you are in further study but we have not received sufficient evidence of how you are being supported financially. Please return the evidence of your current means of support, e.g. Signed and dated letter from a 3rd party confirming financial support, a bank statement (with full name and address and dated within the last 3 months) if living off savings. "

As the info sheet says specifically 'or' why do I need to provide this? And how do I provide evidence from third party support if I am living with a partner and do not get an 'allowance' into my bank account. I have read from other posts on here that a signed declaration is not enough and you are now demanding bank statements.

The online form also has a different third party declaration form which states 'If you don’t live with the third party they must complete the declaration and you must send us bank
statements covering the last 3 months showing any payments you’ve received from them. If you haven’t received any payments from them send any other relevant evidence to show how they supported you.'

What is relevant evidence if you don't have any formal paperwork and use cash from your partner?

Thanks

Hello,

To get support with your query, you will need to call our repayments team on the following number- 0300 100 0611.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am 8pm and 9am- 4pm on Saturday.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 2
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello, To get support with your query, you will need to call our repayments team on the following number- 0300 100 0611.Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am 8pm and 9am- 4pm on Saturday.Thanks, Lynsey.
I am hard of hearing so how do I get in contact if I cannot call and have no one who can do so for me?
Original post by vickyvoo2
I am hard of hearing so how do I get in contact if I cannot call and have no one who can do so for me?

Hi Vicky,

Ideally, this would have been resolved by using Next Generation Text Service (NGTS) that would've facilitated communication between us, but this service is only available nationally as it requires a UK phone number.

In this instance, the best option is to message us privately via Facebook or Twitter and we will pass your query to the Repayments Team.

Best wishes,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending