UCL Offer Holders Thread 2019 Watch

Bioooochem
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is a thread for all those who have received their offers in the 2018/2019 application cycle, although those on gap years are also more than welcome to join.

Feel free to discuss anything relating to your offer, like meeting conditions, filling fee status questionnaires, applying for accommodation, etc. Also, feel free to discuss random things that might not be directly related, since the purpose of this thread is also for prospective students to get to know each other

Current UCL students are welcome to share their experiences and thoughts on the uni and courses.

Would be great if you would briefly introduce yourself first, ie, course, year of entry, why UCL, Firm/Insurance choices.
Bioooochem
Rep:
?
I guess I'll start.
Course: Biochemistry BSc for 2019 Entry (AAA in Math, Bio, and Chem)
I'm definitely firming UCL but my insurance is either U of Manchester or KCL, not sure.
I like UCL for the strategic location in london, the research facilities and faculty, and obviously for it being the best in bioscience in the uk after oxbridge. Plus the buildings are lovely.
Bioooochem
Rep:
?
Some resources:

UCL's undergrad offer holders website
scholarships and funding at UCL
Reviews for the UCL student accomodations
UCL Unistats
UCL Accomodation FAQS
Bioooochem
Rep:
?
Also note that 31 May 2019 is the deadline for applying for UCL accomodation.
AshleyStudies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,
I've applied for Anthropology starting 2019,
Entry requirements: AAA in History, Politics & Philosophy
My insurance will likely be Bristol
I like UCL as it is in London which makes it a lot easier to access not only job opportunities but general entertainment etc.
UCL is also very prestigious and well respected which is important as Anthropology is a slightly more niche/unknown course.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bioooochem
Rep:
?
(Original post by AshleyStudies)
Hey,
I've applied for Anthropology starting 2019,
Entry requirements: AAA in History, Politics & Philosophy
My insurance will likely be Bristol
I like UCL as it is in London which makes it a lot easier to access not only job opportunities but general entertainment etc.
UCL is also very prestigious and well respected which is important as Anthropology is a slightly more niche/unknown course.
Ohh that's nice my moms done socioanthropology at lse like 20 years ago, its a lovely field really. Have you visited ucl before?
AshleyStudies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bioooochem)
Ohh that's nice my moms done socioanthropology at lse like 20 years ago, its a lovely field really. Have you visited ucl before?
Thats so intresting, Ive applied to LSE aswell just waiting for their response! Did she like her experience? and yes I went to an anthropology taster day earlier this year! What about you?
Bioooochem
Rep:
?
Thats so intresting, Ive applied to LSE aswell just waiting for their response! Did she like her experience? and yes I went to an anthropology taster day earlier this year! What about you?
yeah she absolutely loved it back then. she did her masters and phd there, back then maurice bloch and alfred gell were supervising her, and i can tell u her experience there pretty much shaped her as a person, though i dont know if its all the same at lse now, but its definitely great for social sciences. I've been to lse actually, and soas, but not ucl. The lse library is pretty glorious lol.
cgugar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya,
Course: History starting 2019
Entry requirements: AAA/ABB if I pass the essay which is due in January (History, Maths and Sociology)
Insurance: probably Queen Mary’s
Why UCL: I love London as a city and I loved my modules. It also has a high prestige as I’d like to move away to a different country when I’m older so this may help. Also there are many job opportunities, oh it’s also near oxford street 😂
Bioooochem
Rep:
?
(Original post by cgugar)
Hiya,
Course: History starting 2019
Entry requirements: AAA/ABB if I pass the essay which is due in January (History, Maths and Sociology)
Insurance: probably Queen Mary’s
Why UCL: I love London as a city and I loved my modules. It also has a high prestige as I’d like to move away to a different country when I’m older so this may help. Also there are many job opportunities, oh it’s also near oxford street 😂
Hey there! Good luck on your essay
faithkanu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!
Course: Medical Innovation and Enterprise
Entry Requirements: IB, 36 points
Firm/Insurance: Definitely firming UCL, may insure Nottingham but I’m not really sure yet.
Why UCL: The course was perfect for me and no other university offered a course quite like this so UCL was a favourite. I love London and I particulary love where UCL’s main campus is. UCL is an amazing university so I would love to study there in September
Overseas7777
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Course: History, Politics and Economics starting 2019, already firmed
Entry requirements: AAA
Insurance: Edinburgh

Offer from Stanford, US (SAT1550)
Waiting for Koç University, Turkey.
Will make a choice based on scholarship opportunities.
louisaww22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,I've got an offer for Natural Science ( A*,AA)my firm choice will be UCL and my insurance is Queen Marys for Neuroscience ( ABB) , I've always wanted to go to a London university so very excited , still waiting for a reply from Imperial before I can do any accommodation or apply for scholarships.
BBx2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by louisaww22)
Hi,I've got an offer for Natural Science ( A*,AA)my firm choice will be UCL and my insurance is Queen Marys for Neuroscience .
Congratulations on your offer. When did you apply & when receive your offer please?
louisaww22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BBx2)
Congratulations on your offer. When did you apply & when receive your offer please?
Thank you and I applied on the 13th of October and received my offer on the 4th of January
AshleyStudies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, is anyone coming to the Offer holder day on 19/01?
Tomjawad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t heard anything about it, were you emailed about it?
BBx2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by louisaww22)
Thank you and I applied on the 13th of October and received my offer on the 4th of January

Thank you. Applied same time, but still waiting
louisaww22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't heard anything about this.
AshleyStudies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What subject will you be studying ? I'm going for anthropology so maybe other subjects havent been released yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads