The Student Room Group

Will I get funding? 🤔

Let’s start this off with that mistakes were made some by myself and some out of my control before I’m bombarded with comments what provide no helpful insight if you have nothing constructive to say find a more light hearted post to ramble on 👍🏻.

I studied a business course on my first year I learnt that this area wasn’t for me and that I had a different path what I needed to pursue so I failed the yr purposely so I could progress and go down onto another. The university offered me a place on a politics and philosophy course but on a foundation access route I failed again but this wasn’t all down to my fault. Ultimately me and the university talked and if I can get funding they will let me back on this politics and philosophy course as a first year as we were both in agreenace of each other’s mistakes what led to my failure that year.

Now begs the question will I get funding for this course despite failing twice as it’s the same course and when I started it I had 5 years funding from student finance meaning I have 3 years of funding left and I will be on the same course with 3 years left with the deal I have struck with my uni.

My business course was my gift year. My foundation year would it be merely seen as 2/5 years of the funding I was allocated or because I failed that will I lose out on funding and it be deemed as a 2nd gift year. My university see it as plausible but given the circumstance whilst I’m in the process of getting a reply from student finance I’m hesitant in my prospects of getting this last chance.

I would be interested in people’s insight on this please reply thx
Original post by Jges344
Let’s start this off with that mistakes were made some by myself and some out of my control before I’m bombarded with comments what provide no helpful insight if you have nothing constructive to say find a more light hearted post to ramble on 👍🏻.

I studied a business course on my first year I learnt that this area wasn’t for me and that I had a different path what I needed to pursue so I failed the yr purposely so I could progress and go down onto another. The university offered me a place on a politics and philosophy course but on a foundation access route I failed again but this wasn’t all down to my fault. Ultimately me and the university talked and if I can get funding they will let me back on this politics and philosophy course as a first year as we were both in agreenace of each other’s mistakes what led to my failure that year.

Now begs the question will I get funding for this course despite failing twice as it’s the same course and when I started it I had 5 years funding from student finance meaning I have 3 years of funding left and I will be on the same course with 3 years left with the deal I have struck with my uni.

My business course was my gift year. My foundation year would it be merely seen as 2/5 years of the funding I was allocated or because I failed that will I lose out on funding and it be deemed as a 2nd gift year. My university see it as plausible but given the circumstance whilst I’m in the process of getting a reply from student finance I’m hesitant in my prospects of getting this last chance.

I would be interested in people’s insight on this please reply thx

Hello,

The rule regarding previous study states that students are entitled to the ordinary duration of their course plus 1 additional year, minus any previous study, for e.g. 3+1-2= 2 years remaining entitlement.

Course + Additional Year (awarded for possible repeats or transfers) Previous Study= Entitlement

You may wish us to consider you for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR), which could potentially award an extra year of support. In order to apply for CPR we will require evidence to confirm the reasons you could not continue with your studies, when this was and it must be signed and dated, the following list can be considered for CPR:
Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
Letter from University on headed paper
Letter from Social Services on headed paper
Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
Death Certificate
A Birth Certificate

I would suggest that you contact us on Facebook or Twitter, so we can look in to your remaining entitlement.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 2
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

The rule regarding previous study states that students are entitled to the ordinary duration of their course plus 1 additional year, minus any previous study, for e.g. 3+1-2= 2 years remaining entitlement.

Course + Additional Year (awarded for possible repeats or transfers) Previous Study= Entitlement

You may wish us to consider you for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR), which could potentially award an extra year of support. In order to apply for CPR we will require evidence to confirm the reasons you could not continue with your studies, when this was and it must be signed and dated, the following list can be considered for CPR:
Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
Letter from University on headed paper
Letter from Social Services on headed paper
Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
Death Certificate
A Birth Certificate

I would suggest that you contact us on Facebook or Twitter, so we can look in to your remaining entitlement.

Thanks, Lynsey.

I will speak with them on Facebook immediately and find out how the outlines affect my current situation and what must be done.

Thank you
James
Original post by Jges344
I will speak with them on Facebook immediately and find out how the outlines affect my current situation and what must be done.

Thank you
James

Hello,

Great, have a great afternoon.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending